Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrdanielJ Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 06:30 AM
    I don't get this girl! Interested or not interested!
    Hi there,

I think I need some help on this one. I met 2 months ago a girl. She is studiyng away from home (in my city) and so she doesnīt know anyone except me and my friends.

Suddenly I was spending my free time alone with her, we went out, lunch, dinner... all that type of things... and in the way I earn a crush for her...

I have to say, I'm a complete puppy when I like someone... I do everything for her, and I think she knows.

One time she invited me for dinner in her house. I went, the dinner was very nice, and when I made my move... she turn on the brakes on me.

All the time I kiss her on the cheek she doesnīt reply on mine... She give me the "bye bye" and thatīs all... lol

Since the beginning she says to me that sheīs not atracted or interested for anybody... She even say that even if she was she is not very good with the "seduction game". I kept that in mind like "ok baby i lead"... lol

She say to me this kind of things , yet what she does itīs quite the opposite... I went out several times with her... and she knows that I like her in the romantic way! And in all of that dates I ussualy turn on my "attack mode". And she always put the brakes... And say the crap "Im not interested or attracted for no one....."

Even once she said she missed me ( she went home spending the weekend ).

She had just one boyfriend (for a long time) in her life and they were friends before starting a relationship, and he insisted a lot for what she told me...

So bottom of line what I think is:

1: She likes me, but not that way...
    2: She is afraid of losing the only friends she got in this moment (me and my friends) saying I Don't LIKE YOU!!
    3: She is using me and playing with me.
    4: She is just shy (very shy) needs more time.

Need some help guys... Im thinking in not saying notjing to her for 1 week ( I speak to her every day)... to let her think... and hopefuly miss me! :)

And do you think!

Thanks
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2009, 07:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MrdanielJ View Post

I have to say, im a complete puppy when i like someone... i do everthing for her, and i think she knows.
    You need to work on this, as it is NEVER an attractive quality. It screams of self esteem issues and insecurity.

Her actions seem to merit that she isn't into you as much as you are into her. That is a sign that you need to pay close attention to. While I am not saying nothing could ever happen, it is always very dangerous to have such extreme emotions while the other person remains even keeled. Slow down and just look at the obvious and I think you will have your answer.

Nov 17, 2009, 09:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kctiger View Post
    Slow down and just look at the obvious and I think you will have your answer.
    Yes, itīs what I think I should do!. and hope for the best! :)

If this don't work it would be a shame... I really like this girl... and I think I canīt be friend of her. She is hanging out with me and my friends... and I'm not the "venguetta type" but I think it could be harsh for me seeing her with other guy if she continues to come along with us.

In that case I hope to not be a friend of mine...

Thanks for the advice!
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2009, 10:52 AM

This girl says she is "not interested." You have told us several times that she has said it, so here's a translation when a girl says she's not interested: she's not interested.

When she says she's not into the "seduction game" here's what I think she means: She's implying that you are trying to seduce her- even though she has clearly told you that she's not interested.

You're giving her kisses and calling her baby while she probably is starting to feel a little uncomfortable, (if I told a guy that I didn't like him in that way, and wasn't into seduction and he replied with, "That's ok baby, i'll lead." I'd label him a creeper.)

After all you guys just met 2 months ago; what's the big rush?

Her saying she isn't interested isn't crap either- it is her limit, and a woman who knows her limits is admirable. You NEED to respect her limits. You are falilng all over a girl who just wants to be friends with you. Eventually you will lose your friendship, if you don't stop. You're pushing it with this girl, lay off the "romance" that she clearly does not want from you, and just be friends.
    2ndTime Posts: 191, Reputation: 12

Nov 17, 2009, 11:00 AM

Either she's really not interested or you are just coming on too fast and strong. Give her space and go do your everyday thing and only let her contact you, but do you know if she is single or has boyfriend? You should ask her. If she tells you that she even has a slight interest in any other guys, then she's not ready for a real relationship.

Nov 17, 2009, 11:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jaime90 View Post
    This girl says she is "not interested." You have told us several times that she has said it, so here's a translation when a girl says she's not interested: she's not interested.

When she says she's not into the "seduction game" here's what I think she means: She's implying that you are trying to seduce her- even though she has clearly told you that she's not interested.
    I never called her "baby" or said " Ok i will lead..." Im not a jerk... Those were things I thought to myself. :)

Many woman told me the line "not interested". And that was not always true. Sometimes they just want to play hard or get more intimate. And that was what I thought.

This girl in the beginning was asking my friends things about me, and how cool I am.

But I suppose you are right, I'm forcing a bit... I could have blown this. Hope not.

I canīt be friend of a woman from who I am attracted to. Not possible for a man.

Thanks

Nov 17, 2009, 11:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndTime View Post
    ...then she's not ready for a real relationship.
    I would love to see her saying that to Brad Pitt... :)

Iīm forcing... thatīs a fact... but what does really a woman expects when she invites a man who is into her (and she knows) to have dinner in her place?
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2009, 11:42 AM

You say that many other woman told you they were "not interested" but they really just wanted to be intimate, and you assumed this girl also wanted to be intimate... What do you want from this woman? Do you want a serious relationship, or a woman who just wants to be intimate and mess around with you like all the others? If you're pursuing a woman, and you don't know what she's after, you need to re-think some things. I wouldn't even consider a guy who just wanted to play around when I'm looking for a serious relationship- you need to know what you want before you go out trying to find it.

Also: I don't think it's impossible for a man to befriend a woman he is attracted to. I think you could be generalizing. (My fiancé and I were friends for over a year- we both knew we liked each other but we kept things at a friendship level- it ultimately protected our relationship from moving forward too fast, and it provided a good foundation for our now, upcoming marriage.) I know that it is possible for a man.
    It is surprising to hear someone say that they cannot befriend someone they are attracted to- after all, I always figured that you were supposed to marry your best friend..

Nov 17, 2009, 12:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jaime90 View Post

Also: I don't think it's impossible for a man to befriend a woman he is attracted to. I think you could be generalizing. (My fiance and I were friends for over a year- we both knew we liked each other but we kept things at a friendship level- it ultimately protected our relationship from moving forward too fast, and it provided a good foundation for our now, upcoming marriage.) I know that it is possible for a man.
    It is surprising to hear someone say that they cannot befriend someone they are attracted to- after all, I always figured that you were supposed to marry your best friend...?
    Yes, Iīm not perfect :)

I want a serious relationship, I want to look after her.

Im not just attracted, I like her... and itīs not so surprising as you may think. We man usually back of for many reasons... and getting hurt by her because she hook up with another guy is the top reason for me. I have a job and I am studying at the same time... I don't have time neither "head" to deal with that. I think it would be like a black hole.

Im a very simple and pratical man when dealing with woman... I don't have the game in me.. and I know that... I canīt feel free of the "tension"... and many often I force them( in a sweet way ) and sometimes I win! :)

Who invented this made it so complicated! :)

I know she likes me... What I don't know is if she likes me as a friend or if she is considering something more.

What do you suggest? Give her some space? Or I have to continue to be the sweet and pink guy ? Sheīs lonely... she doesnīt have friends (sheīs not from my town)... give her space may sounds like I'm cruel! :)
    Tanzania Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 12:52 PM

I don't think that she is interested in you in that kind of way. At least not right now. Yeah, she might be shy or have self esteem issues but I think you should play it cool with her. Try not to be so affectionate with you. I bet she probably is going to think something's wrong then. I've noticed when you show someone that you don't like them , that's when they seem to like you more!
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Nov 17, 2009, 02:13 PM

If you want a serious relationship, but she doesn't, then you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

You can keep trying to court her, but if her feelings don't change for you, then you could be waiting for a very long time.

I would say that you shouldn't put your life on hold for only her. Don't stop yourself from getting to know other people.
    mr flyguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2013, 01:35 AM
    Ok I have several questions 1)me and my girlfriend been talking for seven months and she is bi do I let her talk to females so she doesn't do it behind my back or is letting her talk to other girls a form of cheating ? 2) she just recently moved out of state for a little while till we get an apartment but her ex lives out there and she is cool with his sister and they been talking saying they wanted to hang out so being she is bakk out there should I be worried ? 3) I find myself calling her more to see what she's doing I check her Twitter to see if she is being sneaky should I stop ? I'm always questioning her is that going to make her not love me anymore ? Should I fall back alil so she see where I'm coming from Oo and she blocked me from her social networks because I'm always complaing about something I see what should I do I need good advice because I'm stressed out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do if a girl is interested in you but then can't decide what she wants? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a freshman in college and I became interested in a girl who is my RA and a sophomore. She came over to my room for a while every day for a few weeks and we seemed to get along really well, and then one night we went to a dance club together and were attached all night. We were holding hands...

How can you tell if a girl is interested in you without asking her? [ 4 Answers ]

I really like this girl and she flirts with me a lot and we make jokes with each other and smile at each other. How can I tell if she is just being nice or if she is really interested in me? Is there any signs of this that I can pick up? Could I do anything to see if she likes me without asking...

Is this girl not interested in me or does she want me? [ 7 Answers ]

So I came to college not knowing what to expect. I met this girl who seemed to be interested in me. We started hanging out and things started to get pretty serious. This is when she hooked up with one of my friends. I stopped talking to her for about 2 weeks and then she came to me crying about how...

Ex already interested in new girl after one month [ 2 Answers ]

So, it has been about 4 weeks since he broke up with me. I went to our apartment to move out and found a list entitled "Things about you that make me smile". I assumed it was something old he wrote to me a while ago, but after reading it, I realized it was not meant for me. It looks and sounds just...

Is this girl interested or not? [ 3 Answers ]

OK, so I met someone a couple of weeks ago. We went ot, she got really drunk and we had a great time. Then a week later we met up again and she said she thought I wasn't interested because she got so drunk and made a fool of herself. I said 'no not at all' and we had abrilliant date last week. She...

View more questions Search