Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blondiechika05 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Nov 8, 2006, 05:54 PM
    Gates Confirmation
    We all know by now that Rumsfeld has resigned (finally!) and that President Bush has nominated Robert Gates to be the new Secretary of Defense. This leads me to a two-part question:

a) When does the current Congress start meeting again?
    b) Will the confirmation hearing be done with the current Senate or the newly elected one when they take office in January?

I ask because I don't want Gates confirmed. As far as I understand, he has the leadership experience after being the CIA director when Bush Sr. was in it, but I think we should have someone that is not a Bush crony. If the current Senate does it, I think chances are he will be confirmed, but if the new one does it, he might not be.
    andrewfny2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2006, 01:51 PM
    Reuters reported today, Thursday, November 16, 2006, that Republican leaders set quick Senate confirmation hearings for Robert Gates as Secretary of Defense, hoping to get him confirmed by the end of the year. Hearings on the Gates nomination will be held by the Senate Armed Services Committee. If it votes favorably, his nomination would be sent to the Senate floor for a vote.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confirmation [ 1 Answers ]

Okay. I need a confirmation about this movie I once saw and I need to know if the title to this movie is correct. I saw this movie a long time ago about some people that were in space. Something went wrong and there were some aliens that had one big eye. I think they were red or something and...

View more questions Search