Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ckbaker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2009, 09:10 PM
    Student Loans
    My student loans are in default They mailed me a letter and said that they were going to start garnishing my wages but I mailed them paperwork showing them that I haven't been working a full year. And that bought me a little time, they said that they would be getting back in touch with me when I have been working a full year. My question is if they pardoned me on the garnishment temporarily does that mean that I will still get my Income Tax refund, or is that a whole nother ball game?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Nov 17, 2009, 01:33 AM

No you will not get tax refund. Your refund will be first adjusted against student loan you owe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Student loans [ 3 Answers ]

Do student loans have a statue of limitations?

Student Loans [ 4 Answers ]

What type of lawyer can I get to help me settler my dept for a student loan that is over 20+ yrs old.

Student Loans [ 2 Answers ]

I have Canadian/Ontario Student loans that have been "sold" to debt collection agencies. I had somenegative experience with them (they were really rude when I wasn't paying) so I stopped taking their phone calls. Now they are threatening legal action. What is the statue of Limitations on this...

Student Loans [ 14 Answers ]

I plan to move out of my parents house at the onset of this June. I plan to have a job by the end of June until mid August when I will relocate again to campus which I will attend for the next four years. I intend to enroll full time. Is there a way that I can do all this and get a loan for $20000...

Student loans [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has a student loan that has been in collection for a few years. He is VERY irresponsible with money, and has not made much headway in paying it off. Does anyone know if a student loan can be cancelled after a certain amount of years, or would he have to file for bankruptcy to get rid of...

View more questions Search