Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    madkis0320 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2009, 07:53 PM
    Levying the tax
    I just want to get an idea about my discussions that I need to submit.

The town of Seaside has decided to construct a new sea aquarium to attract tourist. The cost of the measure is to be paid by a special tax. Although most of the townspeople believe the sea aquarium is a good idea, there is disagreement about how the tax should be levied.

Q: Suggest three different methods of levying the tax and the advantages and disadvantages of each

The idea that I could suggest isncreasing the property tax for the people who live nearby the sea aquarium that they will construct. Also increasing the sales tax. I don't know what other medthods of levyinf the tax for constructing a new sea aquarium. Could you help me what other methods of levying the tax.

Thanks.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2009, 02:42 AM

What do you have taken out of your paycheck?
    madkis0320 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 05:37 AM

Federal and state tax. But I am just confused that the problem stated that it is the town of Seaside so it means to say the one who will benefit is only a town not the whole state.
    ArcSine Posts: 969, Reputation: 106

Nov 17, 2009, 01:35 PM
    Some cities and local municipalities also levy income taxes on payroll. That's why your W-2, Copy 2, says it's "to be filed with employee's state, city, or local income tax return".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Levying a Bank Account to Satisfy Judgment [ 2 Answers ]

I won a case in Small Claims (by default, he never showed up) against my previous landlord. It was actually against the property management company. It has been almost 9 months and I have not heard one word from him despite numerous attempts to contact him (voicemails, emails, etc.). I just...

Small claims court, levying personal bank accnt. [ 2 Answers ]

How exactly do I go about levying someone's personal bank account for a small claims court judgment? Do I need this persons bank account number and how do I obtain this? Thanks

Levying someone's business bank account [ 1 Answers ]

I have a two year old judgment against someone in small claims court for $100.00. This man has made no payment arrangements at all. He is a local business man who owns and operates a construction company. Is there any way to place a levy on his business bank account and if so how is this done. If...

Levying on assets outside the United States [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was mailed a Marshal's Notice of Execution recently after receiving a default judgment for defaulting on 7,000.00 worth of credit card debt. I have no assets at all in the United States but do have some in Caribbean region... My questions Can they locate these assets House an bank...

Levying bankk account [ 3 Answers ]

How can they levy my bank account with out a judgement from a judge and for a debt that isn't mine and only my name is on the account and has been from the start and I was not notified on anything I only found out because I checked my account they left me nothing to live on and so how and what can...

View more questions Search