Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajvcs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2009, 06:39 PM
    Long term finance activities
    What is an agreement between two or more companies to share a business project?
    47flower Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2009, 08:39 PM

After a protracted legal case, Joe won a settlement that will pay him $11,000 each year year at the endof the year for the next ten years. If the market interest rates are currently 5%, exactly how much should the court invest today, assuming end of year payments, so there will be nothing left in the account after the final payment is made?
    47flower Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2009, 08:41 PM
    PV of annuity factor
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2009, 08:29 PM

Yes, you're going to use PV of annuity. You're trying to figure out what must be put into the investment today so that those payments may be made over the next 10 years. The "payments" make it an annuity.

Have you attempted to actually work this out?

P.S. Please don't tag onto other people's posts because it's confusing, especially when it's not even related.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Short term vs long term capital gains, loss carryovers [ 4 Answers ]

Back in 2000 and 2001, I had short term capital losses that exceeded the 3000 dollar limit. Each year, I've been able to deduct 3000 dollars since my short term gains have been minimal. I still haven't used up all my 2000 and 2001 short term losses. I had some long term gains in 2000, but...

Follow up on short term vs long term loss [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - I have stock that I receive every year which of course has been hammered - I want to sell just enough to take advantage of the maiximum 3000 capital loss, just to offset ordinary income, also: 1. Can the loss be used to offset ordinary income even though I'm subject to AMT ? 2. Does the...

Should I claim short term or long term loss [ 4 Answers ]

Hi - I have stock that I receive every year which of course has been hammered - I want to sell just enough to take advantage of the maiximum 3000 capital loss, just to offset ordinary income. I can sell stock I've held for a while and generate a long term loss or use stock acquired this year for...

Long term marriage.long term problems [ 6 Answers ]

Well Where do I start …I have been with the same woman since high school and now at 41 we are in a very rough marriage with a 4 year old son …we almost got a divorce at the 7 year mark due to her request that she just didn’t love me anymore and some of the hurtful things I had done like some...

Is short-term or long-term debt more stressful to your personal finances? Why? [ 4 Answers ]

Is short-term or long-term debt more stressful to your personal finances? Why?

View more questions Search