Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joebrendan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2009, 06:26 PM
    Ballistics matches on bullets
    If bullets are retrieved from a murder scene, but no gun is found, can ballistics determine that the bullets match bullets used in another crime? Is this type of information computerized so bullets can be compared or do they have to be compared separately under a microscope?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 16, 2009, 07:07 PM

Many departments have this info computerised, but there is no universial rule on this,

But if the other crime had it done, and if they decide to run a check on it, then it can show up.

But after checked on computer, the bullets will be compared side by side also to make a exact match

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

First crime solved by using ballistics [ 1 Answers ]

Please give me the date and case of the first crime solved through the use of ballistics?

What color matches with my hair [ 2 Answers ]

I have very balck hair, it falls a lot so I don't have a lot of it. My hair is weak and dry just a little. I want to make it brown for a change. Is it better just to high light it to prevet having more hair fall & dry hair. Or is it better to dye it all ?:confused:

Ballistics and shotguns [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to obtain reliable identification evidence from the shotgun wadding? For example, are markings found on an expelled wadding reliable for identifying the weapon used to fire the cartridge? Thanks

Which Canadate matches your views? [ 3 Answers ]

Pick Your Candidate Pretty Interesting site. Any surprises?

Gun ballistics [ 1 Answers ]

How does gun ballistics report work?

View more questions Search