Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raserran Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2009, 01:44 PM
    Should I put money in the mortgage or in the car credit
    I have some money and want to know where is better to put it, in the mortgage or in the car debt? Thank you very much for your help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 16, 2009, 06:02 PM

What are the interest rates ?
    How much is owed on each,
    How much is there to pay on?
    raserran Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2009, 06:42 PM

Mortgage, 6%; car 6.5%. I owed $250,000 on mortgage, and $15,000 on car. Thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 16, 2009, 07:02 PM

And how much do you have to pay toward something.

Idealy you pay off the car completely as fast as possible and then start putting the money you were making on the car payment onto the mortgage to pay it off a lot faster.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car "accident" : no police report with reqest for money 2 months later [ 10 Answers ]

I was at a stop light 2 months ago & rolled into a car in front of me. There was o major damage & the other driver agreed she would likely not file for anything (she was driving her dad's car). I gave her my information & we went separate ways with me not hearing anything. 2 months later her dad...

Can a lien be put on my home for unpaid credit card debt [ 4 Answers ]

I am a co owner not the primary but secondary owner. My mother owns the home but if something should happen to her I get it. Can a lien be put on my home for unpaid credit card debt?

Grant money for mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Friend, May I please ask if there are any grants for helping to pay mortgage debt. I had a small business tutoring children for 12 years. Before starting the business, I could not apply for a grant, since it was too small of a business. So, I took on the debt myself. I left my business...

What is the percentage of money refunded by the IRS on the mortgage payments [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to figure out what is the amount of money I will get back on my mortgage interest. I will pay this year approximately 12K in interest and I am in a low tax bracket. Can anyway guesstimate how much out that I will get back? Thank you for your help, I am a new home buyer and...

Bad Credit No Money Down Mortgage? [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to acquire a mortgage with bad credit and no money down? I am in Phoenix, Arizona area. I have a small part time job and my husband is self employed. Thank you for your advice and information.

View more questions Search