Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rosanna-hope Posts: 109, Reputation: 9

Nov 16, 2009, 10:39 AM
    Fourteen year old with allover back pain and coccyx pain from skiing fall
    In February this year I went skiing for 2 weeks in waterville valley, New Hampshire, USA - a few days into the second week an inexperienced skiier like myself lost control and cut me up causing me to fall and I landed fiercely on a bit of ice which -just like when you fall on your bum or knock it- made my coccyx feel really bruised and its been happening for sometime, but I didn't think it was very serious, I've found that I cannot sit down for long periods or it starts to be exceptionally painful.. as for my back, I find that I have to put my hand on the back of my hip and twist until it clicks both ways, I have to do it before I sleep as I will be really uncomfortable and wake up during the night and during the day at school I can't sit down for long, I have to keep moving around and fidgeting because the muscles all over my back are spasaming.. I don't know what I should do to get this problem fixed.. deep tissue massage? Physio therapy? Hospital treatment? Medication?
    drkpp Posts: 670, Reputation: 21

Feb 20, 2010, 03:08 AM

x rays or any other investigations done?
    rosanna-hope Posts: 109, Reputation: 9

Feb 20, 2010, 04:00 AM

I went to a chiropractor a few weeks back and she told me that everything was out of place and my hips weren't aligned and I have to work on posture and all and she suggested that I get sports massages to loosen all my muscles..
    drkpp Posts: 670, Reputation: 21

Feb 20, 2010, 04:52 AM

First get an x ray done to see if there is any bony problem. If there is a fracture of any bone & the bones are malaligned, it ma need surgical treatment. If bones are normal, physiotherapy to improve the tone of postural muscles will help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lower abdominal pain and back pain [ 1 Answers ]

Constant pain in lower abdomen. Bleeding since birth of second child in July

Continued pain after fall [ 1 Answers ]

I tripped on a curb exactly 8 days ago and fell on my left side hitting my head, arm, rib. It was a very strong fall. The x-rays showed no breakage to arm nor rib, but I was in a lot of pain. The pain has subsided somewhat but I still have limited use of my arm, my left side still hurts and now...

View more questions Search