Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shirleyc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2009, 06:06 PM
    How to recycle or dispose of high school-college yearbooks.
    I am downsizing my home - 44 years married. My sons do not want all their yearbooks and between my husband and me and the sons, I need to dispose of about 12 yearbooks.

How do you go about getting rid of yearbooks. Is there some way to recycle them?
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2009, 10:10 PM

Past yearbooks have no significance to others
    other than the people concerned.
    They usually have no monetary value.
    I would suggest that the libraries of the specific schools would be happy to receive them.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2009, 10:48 PM
    Hi, shirleyc!

Around where I live, people can sell or give old yearbooks to used book stores. Some people do like to find old yearbooks where they, friends or other relatives might be listed.

When I was in high school, I didn't purchase a yearbook for every year. Now, I wish that I had, because there are pictures and articles in one of them that I really wish that I had now.

As far as further recycling, around where I live, books and magazines can be deposited together in a recycling bin.

How old are your sons, please?

Thanks!
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Dec 4, 2009, 07:19 PM

You could donate them to your son's old schools. Some schools keep them in case former students are looking for a copy.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2009, 07:23 PM

I would think that something with so many memories in it would be kept and cherished. I have all of mine, and plan on passing them down to my children. I actually have my parents' too, from the forties.

Do you have grandchildren?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 4, 2009, 07:47 PM

Well I just can't even image not wanting them, but they can also send out notices to classmates they know to see if they would want them.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2009, 08:20 AM

I saw some Books being thrown out and had to look through them, found about 8-10 yearbooks, I picked the one for 1957, the year I was Born, looked through it while driving down the street, and noticed John Dupont, and Oscar B Goodman, 2 familiar Names, I couldn't place Oscars Name, then Realized he is the Mayor of Las Vegas, used to be an Attourney for the Mob. I wanted to Look up each of the Names and see where they are now, It was a small school in Pennsylvania.
    Mr Goodman recently had his 80th Birthday(I believe). And would sent to him If I had an address. You never know what's in those books.
    daviddson Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2011, 02:47 PM
    Of course there are options for recycling paper, in normal circumstances you should have <a rel="follow" href="http://www.beachcans.com/roll-off-dumpsters.php">dumpsters</a> just for paper, that's how we recycling in the area I live in. There are pick-up trucks that come every week and collect all the paper.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I get into college with a online high school diploma? [ 11 Answers ]

I want to go to college but did not finish the 12th grade. Probably 1-2 credits shy. I am 29 now, married with a child! I want to go to college and get my life on track! Can I get into college with an online high school diploma? Which would you recommend? What is a life experience diploma?

Grants and/or schlorships to attend college perpatory high school [ 1 Answers ]

My son has been offered to apply for a schlorship to attend a college preparatory high school. But if he gets it, it will only cover about half of the cost. Where would I look to find places that would give grants and/or schlorships to cover the rest. Keep in mind that this is for high school not...

Is Middle College High School (Big Picture Learning) right for me? [ 3 Answers ]

A group of representatives came to my school today and told us about Middle College High School. They told us all about how this is a new program (in my state) and that it helps students stay in school and get into a wanted college. This is what the benefits they said are: ...

College admissions from a particular high school [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find out about the college admissions from a partciular city high schoo, broken down by ethnic group? E.g. which colleges have accepted Caucasian students from Northside Prep high school in the past two years?

Why do immigrant dropout of high school or college? [ 2 Answers ]

Why do immigrant dropout of high school or college?

View more questions Search