Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LindaVrd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2009, 01:11 PM
    Removing ballast cover on fluorescent fixture
    I cannot find a way to remove the ballast cover on one of my fluorescent light fixtures. The cover is in the middle of the fixture, and there are wires coming out of the endcaps going to the lightbulbs. (Unlike other fixtures, I do not need to remove the light bulbs to access the ballast cover.)

There looks like there is a screw with no head that the cover needs to slide off, and there is a small black flat piece that LOOKS like I should be able to do something with. There is no nut or clips on the side (in fact the ballast cover doesn't even top the top of the fixture.)

Does anyone know how to remove this?
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2009, 08:21 PM
    Is this a ceiling fixture.. a shop light... what kind of fixture is it?
    medic-dan Posts: 321, Reputation: 23

Nov 15, 2009, 08:54 PM

Can you post a picture of the fixture?
    LindaVrd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2009, 02:47 PM
    It was a ceiling fixture. I figured out today that I needed to remove the entire fixture from the ceiling and access the ballast by removing screws on the top. Thank you for your responses though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Occupancy sensor, fluorescent light, electronic ballast, and relay [ 13 Answers ]

Hi! I'm at my whits end with this one so here goes... I'm currently installing recessed fluorescent T8 2-lamp fixtures in my garage, one of which I want to have powered by a Leviton PR180 occupancy sensor. After my initial installation attempt, the fixture flickered and it was then that I...

Fluorescent not working - ballast and tubes are OK [ 2 Answers ]

I have two fluorescent fixtures that are exactly the same in my kitchen. They both went out the same day - I don't know if it was exactly the same moment or not. On one of them, I noticed a tube was black on one side. I replaced the tube and that fixture works fine now. New tubes did not fix...

Fluorescent light fixture [ 4 Answers ]

I have a problem my friend has a fluorescent light fixture when he turn on the lights they stay bright for a while and then they go dim. This is what I did so far I change the Ballast light clips and the blubs but I am still having the same problem. Is there anything I might be over looking ...

Fluorescent fixture problems [ 2 Answers ]

I have a fluorescent over head fixture that doesn't work properly. It takes a long long time to start (like 10 minutes, sometimes). However if I fiddle with the lamps it will start up, and if I have it on for a while, I can turn it off and immediately back on. I don't know if the fixture is bad or...

Fluorescent lamp vs ballast [ 2 Answers ]

I have a fluorescent ceiling fixture with two circular lamps and two separate ballasts. One of the lamps is not longer lighting. Is there any way to determine which element (lamp or ballast) is defective? I have used a continuity tester to check out incandescent lamps but am not sure how to do...

View more questions Search