Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FRISP Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Nov 14, 2009, 07:52 AM
    XP license key
    I have a valid License key that I want to use in a (bought off a mate) PC that is reporting and invalid key, how do I copy over the invalid with my licensed version without starting from the beginning?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2009, 08:36 PM

If Microsoft reports that the license key is invalid, it's likely that it's been used elsewhere on another computer. You can call Microsoft and tell them the entire situation. If you're convincing enough, they'll tell you how to activate it. Otherwise, they'll sell you a new license key and tell you how to enter that. You won't have to start from scratch -- but it'll cost you a bit of scratch.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2009, 08:38 PM

My boyfriend uses the same cd over and over (he reformats our computers every few months or so). He just has to call them and explain that he reformatted it and they give him a new key to enter over the phone.
    hershko Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 01:36 PM
    Simply contact Microsoft center (by phone) and thell them that you have a valid License key that you want to use in a PC that you bought off a mate and it's reporting an invalid key, and they will give you a new License key.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Won't start in Park, key is stuck [ 1 Answers ]

1997 Nissan pickup, 2.4 cyl with auto tx. Suddenly it will not start in Park (will start in neutral) and the key will not turn to 'LOCK' position, therefore key cannot be removed. Any and all help appreciated.

Where to Buy Rod & Key to Turn On & Off Old Gas Floor Heater [ 0 Answers ]

Where do I purchase a rod and key to turn on and off an old gas floor heater?

Key won't turn [ 2 Answers ]

My ignition key will not turn in my car. Chevy classic 2005. I have moved wheel back and forth and it is free. Jim

Fn key stuck [ 1 Answers ]

62ay. As y64 can see 0y d40b c60*4ter 2eys are st4c2. Th5s 5s what ha**ens when I ty*e. Okay as you can see my dumb computer keys are stuck. This is what happens when I type. My fn key is stuck HELP!

UK drivers license to US license (but with conviction) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the UK and I recently crashed my dad's car (without a license nor insurance). I am going to get my full license soon, but the motoring department in the UK have said that I WILL have a conviction on it (obvisouly, for crashing, driving without license/insurance, seatbelts, etc). I am...

View more questions Search