Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2009, 04:30 AM
    Imagine This Image at Times Square
    I am so speechless, I do not know what to say...
    Attached Images

NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2009, 05:38 AM
    I don't understand your post.
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2009, 05:52 AM
    Nk, you know something, neither do I.

My point was to share this image that some Chinese capitalists (ironically) created, and banned by their government officials to not embarrass the POTUS.

I believe your from Canada, so, what would your thoughts or emotions be if you saw an image of your leader in a Mao or Red Army uniform?

Hope you don't mind that I am a bit disturbed by the image.
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2009, 06:42 AM
    We'd have to know what the writing says. But I have an idea what underlying message you are trying to promote.
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Nov 14, 2009, 07:16 AM

Just as disturbing will be when "TIME"
    Magazine names Obama
    "Man Of The Decade" in 2010
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2009, 09:18 AM
    Ah, I see now:
    China bans 'Obamao' shirt, fearing offense to Obama | csmonitor.com
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Nov 14, 2009, 10:45 AM

What is so disturbing? Obama wants a statist solution to healthcare, to the automobile industry, to banking. He has apologized for the US and attended an anti-American church for years. Is it any surprise he would be compared to Mao? This is Ms Dunn's idol. Is the truth that disturbing ?

GP
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2009, 11:56 AM
    In the same way that the KKK endorses the republicans so that means the republicans are white supremacists. Is that truth disturbing?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2009, 02:42 PM
    Speaks volumes for the insight of the Chinese and how it is important not to take yourself too seriously, I think there could be a niche for Obama as Che also
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Nov 14, 2009, 05:05 PM
    People who are offended by this loved the Bush photos with Hitler mustaches so they should stop their phony outrage.
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2009, 06:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by earl237 View Post
    People who are offended by this loved the Bush photos with Hitler mustaches so they should stop their phony outrage.
    Totally agree.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2009, 02:52 AM

It doesn't fit now that Mao devotee Anita Dunn has resigned form her posting as White House propagandist .
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2009, 03:16 AM

Here's another Obama kool-aid drinker .

Castro as commentator on US politics - Yahoo! News
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2009, 04:15 AM
    And here is Obama bowing to a Monarch again.

When he prostrate himself before Abdullah we were told he was just reaching down to shake the hands of someone who was shorter then he is . What is the excuse this time ?
    Is he apologizing for us again ?
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2009, 04:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    and here is Obama bowing to a Monarch again.

When he prostrate himself before Abdullah we were told he was just reaching down to shake the hands of someone who was shorter then he is . What is the excuse this time ?
    Is he apologizing for us again ?
    Hhahahahahhahahahahha! You have absolutely no concept of being respectful of another culture's way. Get out of your basement apartment and see the world. This is how people act. I realize that you believe that showing respect in unamerican. Your Glen Beck show is starting soon I think.
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2009, 05:04 AM

Sorry American Presidents do not bow to kings monarchs or tyrants. If you want your PM publicly grovelling to another foreign leader that is your business. I consider our President in every way the equal to any other national leader and should act as such.
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2009, 05:15 AM
    Since when? Where is that in the constitution? Since when is showing respect grovelling?

Seriously if more people when out and experienced the world such drivel wouldn't be posted.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2009, 06:16 AM

Hello tk:

I LOVE free speech. I HATE some of the things that are said.

I'm a Jew. Years ago, in the predominately Jewish town of Skokie, Illinois, the KKK wanted to demonstrate and carry some very ugly signs and pictures.

As hateful as they were, I supported their right to BE hateful and to tell people about it.

excon
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2009, 07:40 AM
    I am not up on proper etiquette and protocol of leaders meeting and greeting. With so many customs and cultures to deal with, I am sure this can be an issue, what to do, what not to do. Seeing BO bowing to a Japanese emperor is not so disturbing, since that is their culture.

Seeing how some Chinese characterize our president as Mao is disturbing, and I wonder how accurate that is, judging from his apparent actions lately.

Yes Ex, free speech has been abused. My perception is that free speech was included by our founders so people could complain about their new government without fear of being punished, as was done by the England, and not to disparage others because of their race, creed, religion, etc.

We have the ACLU and others with similar views to thank for that. Anyone can do or say anything about anyone all under the "free speech" blanket. I wonder what their opinion of free speech would have been while Hitler was committing genocide on German and Polish Jews.
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2009, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tkrussell View Post
    I wonder what their opinion of free speech would have been while Hitler was committing genocide on German and Polish Jews.
    You lose! :)
    Godwin's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyway back on the subject, you can't point to one image made by an individual and say the whole party is like that, c'mon!

Or else people would believe that this represents the republicans: Irregular Times: News Unfit for Print Blog Archive You say Bush, and I say Hitler…

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Here is an image [ 16 Answers ]

I hope it works.

URL of an Image [ 7 Answers ]

Say I found and image on a website and I saved it to my computer. How do I find out where exactly I got the image from (after a while) I want to go to the place where it was again

ISO Image [ 11 Answers ]

I have this ISO file, but I can't seem to do anything with it. I tried mounting it with DAEMON Tools 3.46, but it gave me this error. :( Cannot open the file "The file 'file_name.iso' was not found" I also tried installing Undisker 1.2 and opening it with that, but it also gave me an error....

View more questions Search