Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2009, 08:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tkrussell View Post
    Seeing BO bowing to a Japanese emperor is not so disturbing, since that is their culture.
    Hello again, tk:

Let's be clear. We're not talking about those little nicety's we do. We're not talking about the difference between bowing or shaking hands, or how low he bowed. Nope - not at all. What we're talking about here, is the fact that we're talking to them AT ALL.

The right wing doesn't want talk. You've heard 'em. They call ANYTHING he does in the world apologizing. They want saber rattling. They want to let people know who's BOSS. They want to TELL people how to behave. They don't understand diplomacy and stuff. I don't know what happened to them.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2009, 08:43 PM

I think it's a Tee Shirt designed so the Americans will get used to our new leader - Mao Obama. He's so red it's ridiculous that some folks say he's black or tan. They've got it all wrong. He's red to the core as in Marxist red.

He did allow the Chinese flag to be flown over the White House. Just how wrong was that I ask? Very wrong. What other country's flag has been flown over the White House? I can't even remember ever hearing of another country's flag being flown over the White House.

He's cozying up to the kings and emperors and meglomaniacs of the world. Kissyasss is his favorite sport.

Presidents of the United States are NOT kings. George Washington was the guy who decided he didn't want to be King of America. He wanted to be President instead.

It is part of the American heritage and presidential protocol that the President of the United States not bow to any foreign king, queen, emperor or empress. Obammy is obviously a rube, hick, ill bred moron to do this bowing and scraping stuff.

It's just another reason NOT to have this guy as POTUS. I told you guys before he got into office that you had no idea just WHO this guy is/was. We still don't know just who is/was this person and probably won't know until he's long gone from office.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2009, 02:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post

He did allow the Chinese flag to be flown over the White House. Just how wrong was that I ask? Very wrong. What other country's flag has been flown over the White House? I can't even remember ever hearing of another country's flag being flown over the White House.
    That's false, even Fox News says so, LOL!
    White House Debunks Reports It Will Fly China's Flag on South Lawn - FOXNews.com

Don't forget this line:
    Under those guidelines, the Chinese flag has flown on White House grounds before, in April of 2006, when President Hu Jintao visited then President George W. Bush.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 04:17 AM

Since when? Where is that in the constitution? Since when is showing respect grovelling?

Seriously if more people when out and experienced the world such drivel wouldn't be posted.
    By tradition Americans do not bow to monarchs. Period . It is not a sign of respect to do so . It is a signal of recognition of a monarch's authority over their subjects. We are subject to no monarch . Even Miss Manners says so.
    Miss Manners' guide for the turn-of ... - Google Books

Here is the proper way for an American leader to great a foreign leader .
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2009, 04:36 AM

Hello tom:

I didn't see his light saber.

excon
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 05:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, tk:

Let's be clear. We're not talking about those little nicety's we do. We're not talking about the difference between bowing or shaking hands, or how low he bowed. Nope - not at all. What we're talking about here, is the fact that we're talking to them AT ALL.

The right wing doesn't want talk. You've heard 'em. They call ANYTHING he does in the world apologizing. They want saber rattling. They wanna let people know who's BOSS. They wanna TELL people how to behave. They don't understand diplomacy and stuff. I dunno what happened to them.

excon
    Come on, ex, don't play dumb you know what happened to them, they got a little money and they came over all protective an such. Right wingers haven't heard of consensus, they think that position is power not responsibility. They have a hard time learning that lesson Jesus wanted to teach us, the leader is the servant, the first shall be last and if you want your rewards here you are not going to get them anywhere else.
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2009, 05:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    here is the proper way for an american leader to great a foreign leader .
    Name:  BushKissingSaudiPrince.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  18.6 KB
    Name:  513.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  47.8 KB
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 05:38 AM

Non sequiter. That is equally inappropriate .
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2009, 05:56 AM
    non sequiter.
    It's "Non sequitur" and your use of that expression is incorrect. My example is *directly* related to what you posted. Apparently you want us to believe that you know more about international protocol than the ones who are actually powerful and famous and have advisers for such events. Your wish is that your leader continue to spread fear as you do here, only you get to sit at home behind your internet connection while the rest of us function in the real world.
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 06:29 AM
    This isn't about international protocol .It's American tradition. Of course the Obots who advise the President are out to destroy American tradition .So it doesn't surprise me they advise him to lick boots and apologize .

Show me pix of your leader doing this .
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 07:35 AM
    The Bush/Saudi kiss is so obviously photoshopped. On the (latest) bow from Jake Tapper:

An old friend -- an academic with expertise about the Japanese Empire, and in general a supporter of President Obama -- sends me the following note, relating to photographs of President Obama bowing to Emperor Akihito of Japan.

"This picture shows two things," my friend writes.

"1) The 'right' is wrong about Obama's bow.

"2) The 'left' is wrong about Obama's bow.

"His bow is neither (1) unprecedented nor (2) a sign of cultural understanding.

"At their 1971 meeting in Alaska, the first visit of a Japanese Emperor to America, President Nixon bowed and referred to Emperor Hirohito and his wife repeatedly as 'Your Imperial Majesties.'"

(See that picture HERE.)

"Yet, (and?) Nixon gets the bow right. Slight arch from the waist hands at his side.

"Obama's handshake/forward lurch was so jarring and inappropriate it recalls Bush's back-rub of Merkel.

"Kyodo News is running his appropriate and reciprocated nod and shake with the Empress, certainly to show the president as dignified, and not in the form of a first year English teacher trying to impress with Karate Kid-level knowledge of Japanese customs.

"The bow as he performed did not just display weakness in Red State terms, but evoked weakness in Japanese terms....The last thing the Japanese want or need is a weak looking American president and, again, in all ways, he unintentionally played that part.

"BTW, Obama's bow at Suntory Hall was much better. Correct angle, slight bow. His hands were wrong but the physical tone was correct and appropriate.

"But if Obama can get the dollar to stop bowing to the Yen I take it all back."
    The White House spin is the Japanese wouldn't see it as "anything other than that he enhanced both the position and the status of the U.S., relative to Japan.” Yeah, right. Tapper blew that one out of the water.
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Nov 16, 2009, 08:03 AM

I've spent some time among both Japanese and Chinese. Obama's bow was one of subservience, not equality. By lowering his eyes and bowing LOWER than the other person, he was showing subservience to that other person.

He SHOULD have made a very slight bow at most and never taken his eyes off Akihito's face. And frankly, given the US primacy over Japan in the international community (like it or not, it's a fact) he shouldn't have bowed at all. THAT is proper protocol.

Elliot
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 08:08 AM
    He SHOULD have made a very slight bow at most and never taken his eyes off Akihito's face.
    I learned that from the 'Karate Kid ':D
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 12:05 PM

I don't know Steve. Looks like Nixon is just leaning in to hear the Emperor speak.

Either way it's not a deep grovelling bow out of a Peter Sellers movie.
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2009, 05:55 AM
    Speaking of displaying proper protocol...

Check out this recent pix of Veteran's Day at Arlington National Cemetery. I don't know if the National Anthem is being played or if just the flag is being paraded by. Note that everyone on the podium is either saluting or holding their hand over the heart. Well... everyone except one person.

Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2009, 06:26 AM
    I don't know Steve. Looks like Nixon is just leaning in to hear the Emperor speak.
    Maybe it was that bit about Nixon referring to them as 'Your Imperial Majesties.'

Either way it's not a deep grovelling bow out of a Peter Sellers movie.
    True, nothing like what my FF team has done to opponents the last 3 weeks. 3 weeks, 3 lost RB's. 3 points between Colston and Jackson in a PPR league? In my standard league Colston scored a -1. I bow to the Gnats superiority...
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2009, 07:22 AM

Not only that... the Giants taking a week off was nothing but a plus. Both division rivals lost ;the Eagles lost to a common AFC opponent losing a tiebreaker advantage over the Giants ; and Turner looks like he may be out for this weeks game against Falcons .
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2009, 08:00 AM
    not only that ...the Giants taking a week off was nothing but a plus. Both division rivals lost ;the Eagles lost to a common AFC opponent losing a tiebreaker advantage over the Giants ; and Turner looks like he may be out for this weeks game against Falcons .
    Thanks for that reminder. Maybe Mendenhall will bounce back, Slaton will hold on to the ball and more than one receiver will show up this week. You know the Cowboys had it working with Barber early in the game and once again Garrett just went in some completely different direction. When the score is 0-0 in the first half why would you bench your strongest runner? I can take consolation in Hoodie making the dumbest call of the week in going for it on 4th and 2 with the lead from his own 28 with Peyton Manning on the other side.
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2009, 08:13 AM

Amazing considering the Pats have zero running game.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Here is an image [ 16 Answers ]

I hope it works.

URL of an Image [ 7 Answers ]

Say I found and image on a website and I saved it to my computer. How do I find out where exactly I got the image from (after a while) I want to go to the place where it was again

ISO Image [ 11 Answers ]

I have this ISO file, but I can't seem to do anything with it. I tried mounting it with DAEMON Tools 3.46, but it gave me this error. :( Cannot open the file "The file 'file_name.iso' was not found" I also tried installing Undisker 1.2 and opening it with that, but it also gave me an error....

View more questions Search