Nov 13, 2009, 10:34 PM
    Lower of cost or market
    A company reported the following data related to its ending inventory:
    Product Units Cost Market
    849 100 $10 $11
    842 75 16 14
    847 60 14 13
    860 40 16 20
    Calculate the lower-of-cost-or-market on the: (a) Inventory as a whole; and (b) Inventory applied separately to each product. (Record answers in template below)

Product Units on Hand Per Unit Cost Market Total Cost Total Market LCM by Product

$____ $____ $_____

I am not trying to get straight answes I just really want to get a lead on it that's all. I just need a little explanation
    I know I am suppose to subtract the market price the cost price bt I dk where to go from there
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2009, 12:31 AM

Not sure why you think you need to subtract anything.

A hint: don't make this difficult cause it's easy as pie. It means quite literally to use the lower of the cost or the market price. For product 849, which is lower, the cost or market? Use that for that product. Etc. That's it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lower-of-cost or market rule [ 1 Answers ]

The question asks: If the market value of inventory is greater than its cost, then the application of the lower-of-cost-or-market rule would Answer 1. decrease both the current ratio and net income. 2. decrease the current ratio but not change net income. 3. not change the...

Lower of Cost or Market and Inventory Value [ 9 Answers ]

THERE ARE 8 QUESTIONS HERE>>>>PLEASE READ THEM ALL A company sells four products. They have consistently experienced a profit margin of 20% of sales and expects this rate to hold for the future. This is the most recent year totals as of Dec 31 Product Original Cost Cost to Replace ...

View more questions Search