Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tesfatsion2006 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2009, 06:14 AM
    External Hard Disk not visible on my computer
    Hi dears,
    Here is the problem,
    I have an external hard disk with four partitions.
    I have been using it for a year.
    One day I installed Folder lock software and locked the drives and unplugged it.
    Another day I plugged the external hard disk and was recognized by the computer.
    But I couldn't see the drives on my computer no did I see their letter labels.
    For it is urgent, Sir/Madam, help me please as quick as possible.
    Thanks for your immediate help in advance
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2009, 07:51 AM

Can you remove the Folder lock software? If that doesn't bring them back, you may be out of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

External HDD recognized, but not visible in MY Computer [ 10 Answers ]

Just bought a new USB2.0 Hard Drive External Storage System. I coonected it through USB and gets recognized by the computer but would not appear in my computer? I have never used it before and I assumed I would see it there, just like a Memory Stick when inserted. Assist Ona.

Weird External Hard Disk [ 3 Answers ]

I have problem with my newly bought external hard disk. Yesterday, it was working fine. But today, when I'm connecting my external hard disk, it took some time to show in My Computer and it getting automatically disconnect and connecting every 5-10 seconds. Could someone tell me how to solve...

Laptop won't boot from external hard disk [ 1 Answers ]

I used Acronis 11 to clone the internal hd on my laptop to an external usb hd. I back up my desktop in this way and it works great. Internal drive breaks or gets zapped by a virus and I simply boot from the external. If I boot normally and connect the external drive via USB after windows...

External Hard disk gets no drive letter [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, (First apologies for my bad English: I'm Dutch and not a native English speaker). I'm want to use a hard disk from my Linux server as an external USB hard disk for my Windows XP (Dell) laptop. Working in Computer Management->Disk management, I can see the disk and it's partitioning, but...

External hard disk drive [ 4 Answers ]

Is there an external hard disk drive with an hdmi connection

View more questions Search