Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geotank92 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2009, 09:21 PM
    Disc drive stopped working awhile back now windows won't boot
    A few months back, my desktop stopped reading discs. I can't burn discs, either. And now, overnight, I went to use my computer and it all of a sudden restarted and now won't boot. I have looked around and since my computer was given to me, I don't know the administrator's password. The person that gave it to me doesn't know it either. How can I fix my computer? I am obviously not too computer saavy, so simple terms would be appreciated.
    Zaithe Posts: 99, Reputation: 4

Nov 12, 2009, 11:36 PM

When people usually install windows for end users they just don't put the password for administrator so have you tried the blank password?
    DrewL Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2009, 11:40 PM

Try booting in Safe Mode, that is if you can even boot Windows at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My disc drive won't read any thing [ 6 Answers ]

Disc dirve won't read cd dvds or anything like that help

Re-boot if CD drive not working. [ 1 Answers ]

My 2004 Windows XP Compaq laptop is VERY slow and I want to reinstall the operating system but the disc drive (DVD & CD) won't open without using the pin hole and the computer doesn't load from the DVD/CD drive (doesn't even try) even though the device manager says its okay. I would appreciate any...

Dvd/cd drive won't boot from Windows Vista cd [ 5 Answers ]

OK so my cd/dvd drive works perfectly fine and I can play cd's on it and dvd's and any kind of cd, but I recently bought windows vista and I want to reboot my computer with it but it won't let me. (I currently have windows xp sp2) but I want to install windows vista. I changed the BIOS to boot from...

Can't Boot Without Windows CD in CDROM Drive [ 3 Answers ]

I have installed Windows XP 64bit on my hard drive. When I boot, I can't get it to boot correctly unless I have the Windows Install CD in my CDROM drive. If I don't have the CD in the drive it gives me the error: "Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk". I have the BIOS set up so that the CDROM is...

View more questions Search