Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zapper53 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2009, 05:19 PM
    Fbdirect.exe /MAXKERNL.dll dialog box
    Upon each bootup of my Dell Demension 8100 desktop PC with Windows XP Prof OS I receive a dialog box stating: fbdirect.exe - Unable to locate component This application has failed to start because MAXKERNL.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Additional prior to this PC on Windows XP O/S it was Windows ME and I had a Visioneer Paperport Scanner.

How do I fix this simply? I looked at the instructions on the Visioneer website but they are VERY complex. HELP!

Thank you
    atr4ug Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2011, 11:48 PM

Try to use operating compatibility option by right clicking on setup file and then selecting properties in pop up window there u have compatibility option select Windows ME from it. Then install again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Safe deposit box and children joint accounts in jeopardy? [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: I live in Michigan and I have several credit cards, in my name only, that I can no longer pay on due to a decrease in my income. When I notified the companies that my income had decreased by half they refused to accept lower payments or work out a more manageable payment plan. I have...

Windows\services.exe registry entries [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all. My antivirus found and quarantined windows\services.exe which I understand is a virus and not the system file. With it quarantined however, when I boot I keep getting the error "Could not find windows\services.exe. Please check filename etc." I've searched HKLM and HKCU Run folders but did...

How to remove 'copy.exe' error from my winxp system [ 1 Answers ]

How to remove 'copy.exe' error from my winxp system, And I cann't open drives, if I double click on drive ' it gave "windows can't find copy.exe" messege.

View more questions Search