Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emily_godzilla Posts: 115, Reputation: 5

Nov 12, 2009, 02:29 PM
    When I should I expect a normal period after a lap and d and c?
    When should I expect a normal period after having a laposcopry and d and c to drain an ovarian cyst?
    I had my surgery oct 6 2009. I had very light bleeding oct 11-18. I am not sure if this was a period or just bleeding from surgery? I have not had a period since. We have been having unprotected sex both before surgery and starting two weeks after when the doc said it was OK. I have been having a lot of weird symptoms since the bleeding in oct. My breasts really hurt everyday, I keep feeling like I am going to throw up, I have been having cramps, running a fever and I also have a bad toothache. I know the infected tooth could be causing the upset stomach but I was also diagnosed with endo. They did say one of my fallopian tubes is blocked. Could I be pregnant? I have had both faint positives and negative tests. Even went to the doctor and pregnancy tests were negative. When should I expect a normal period after this type of surgery?

Nov 14, 2009, 07:33 PM

I really wish somebody could give me some insight into this? Thanks.

Nov 16, 2009, 04:56 PM

I got what I think is my period today but the bleeding is as light as the last one? Can having this type of surgery cause you to have very light periods? I know that ovarian cysts can cause light periods but I thought they drained my cyst during the surgery. They also said I have endometroisis but doesn't that usually cause heavy bleeding? I took a hpt last night and it had a very faint positive line within two minutes-i was watching the clock-can this just be a false positive test? Should I even worry about pregnancy if I have had two light periods? Or should I just see if the bleeding stops tomorrow or the next day and seems too short to be a period? I am so confused with my body right now.

Nov 18, 2009, 11:26 AM

This bleeding seems to have stopped or something it is really weird. I started what I though must have been my period on Monday morning now it is 1pm weds and the bleeding seems almost completely gone. My last period if that was what it was last seven days. I am still having really weird symptoms like cramping, naseua, diarehha and even food adversions I don't want to eat anything at all I do not know what is wrong with me. I did have a few faint positive hpts but I assumed those were just false positives. Should I just wait a month and see if I get a period or re-test in a week?

Nov 19, 2009, 07:02 PM

I am really confused the bleeding stopped then started up again and now early tonight there is no more blood so this "period" only lasted 3 1/2 days?mine usually last about seven is this 3 day thing OK?
    samba101 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2009, 02:54 AM

Go back to your doctor and ask about the bleeding.

You just sound like you have problems with your period at the moment.

Nov 21, 2009, 10:46 AM

24 hrs after thee bleeding stopped I started spotting again but it is only when I wipe there is nothing on my pad. Maybe my cycle is just still messed up from the surgery? But that still does not explain the faint positive hpts unless they were just crappy tests.
    CrissyDi Posts: 250, Reputation: 5

Jan 24, 2011, 07:53 PM

Wow, emily, so what happened? What was it?

Jan 24, 2011, 08:49 PM
    Geesh. I don't know. I wound up having another lap and a pelviscopry done in may 2010. My periods just have not been normal since.The dr who did the one in nov 2009 diagnosed me with stage 3 endo. A different dr did the surgery in may-he said the first surgery was not done properly-it seemed like she did nothing at all. In fact I still had the ovarian cyst which the second dr removed last may. He said I had endo of the bowel as well. And I just went through a whole series of tests for pelvic pain: ultrasound in oct 2010, 2 mri of the ab and pelvis two weeks ago, even a cat scan. They found some cysts on my kidneys now I have to see a uriologist in feb. Still trying trying to conceive but no luck so far. My periods could be weird from my endo or being overweight-5"4 and 205lbs or from getting older-i will be turning 37 in 2011.My period this month was a few days early and only lasted like 3 days... I just do not know what's up with that? I kind of wish I never had these lap surgeries in the first place. But for some women they really do help.
    CrissyDi Posts: 250, Reputation: 5

Jan 25, 2011, 08:47 PM

Emily, all of that just sounds terrible! I pray healing and baby dust over you. Something has got to give and you got to get over this hump! I can only imagine how frustrating all of this must be for you and then, in turn, not helping with your conception desires. I will be praying that your breakthrough comes soon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Period not normal [ 1 Answers ]

Hello well I feel a little silly asking this but I am worried the other morning me and my boyfriend were having sex and it was normal sex not rough and when I went to clean up I noticed blood I figured the sex had made me start early 17 days early by the way at first it was stringy brown and think...

Normal period? [ 3 Answers ]

Is bloody, brownish discharge normal for a period(I just recently got this but I've never had it before but I have cramps so I'm assuming I'm not pregnant)? Please help! :confused:

Is it normal? (period) [ 4 Answers ]

I had my period early from the 1st in the morning to the 3rd mid-day *I was supposed to start the 5th* (as usual my only last three days) but two days later (when I was supposed to start) I had spotting and don't know why, I mean if it was the day after I finished I would understand but it was two...

My period was a little late, and my period is not at all normal? [ 2 Answers ]

My period started on January 19th I had unprotected sex at the end of my period. I also had unprotected sex on the 14th day of my menstrual cycle and also a couple of times towards the end. My breast were very sensitive and I had quiet a bit of cramping off and on throughout the beginning of...

Not normal period [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 13 and usually my period lasts for 6 days.I just had my period except it only lasted for 2 or 3 days and most of the blood was brown and there wasn't a constant blood flow. It was like every 8 hours there was more blood or brown stuff. I know this isn't normal... but this was the first time it...

View more questions Search