Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1ramon Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2009, 02:17 PM
    Computer Shut Down Message
    Hello - I get this message every time I shut down my computer - "Other people are logged on to this computer. Shutting down windows cause them to lose data. Do you want to continue shutting down?" Want to know what this mean or who is "them". If this is just an error message, how can I correct the error? Thanks - Ramon.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Nov 12, 2009, 02:41 PM

Are you sharing files with another computer on your network? That could be the "them" you're seeing. To see open sessions, you can right click on my computer, go to Manage, go to where it says "Shared Folders" under "System Tools", then click on Sessions. It should show anyone connected to your file shares.
    1ramon Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2009, 03:35 PM

Hey retsoksirhc - thank you very much!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I tell if someone uses my computer after I've shut it down? [ 9 Answers ]

How can I tell if someone turns my computer on & uses it after I've shut it down? Is there a history of when it is turned off & on & what files, folders, or programs they access? Can I tell if they attach a thumb drive & download or copy files to this external drive?

Computer Shut Down Message [ 4 Answers ]

Hello - want to know what this message means, or if this just an error message and if so, how can I correct the error: "other computer are logged on to this computer. shutting down windows cause them to lose data. do you want to continue shutting down?" this message appears every time I shut...

Suspicious message when shutting down computer [ 1 Answers ]

When I attempt to shut down my computer at the end of the day, I sometimes get a message saying "others are logged onto your computer .... are you sure you want to shut down?" My husband and I have networked computers but I get this even if his isn't powered on. Could someone else be logged on and...

Computer shut down [ 1 Answers ]

When I go to shut down my computer at night I get a window titled "End Program Smax4PNP and then a second box titled End Program-SPRTcmd.exc. This has just started recently and was not there before. How can I get rid of the two boxes?

Computer won't get any further than 'Your computer did not shut down successfully'. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All, Basically a computer of mine which doesn't get a great deal of use (but has worked fine up until this morning) I turned it on and it brings up the 'Your computer did not shut down successfully... etc etc' screen with the options to boot in safe mode, last good known config, start...

View more questions Search