Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Slow Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2004, 05:09 PM
    Chapter 1
    1)You can always add two numbers that have the same units.However,you cannot always add two numbers that have the same dimensions.Explain why not,and inlcude an example in your explanation.

b) Is it possible for two quantities to have the same units but different dimensions?
    In each of the two cases,support your answer with an eexample and an explanation.? (I can't understand-I'll be freshmen in high school next year)

b)Consider a 1330-ft2 apartment.With your answer to part (a) in mind and without doing any calculations, decide whether this apartment has an area that is greater or less than 1,330 m2.

c)In a 1,330-ft2, how many square meters of area are there?Does this support in part (a) and (b)?

HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME PLEASE..?
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jul 8, 2004, 08:52 PM
    Re: Chapter 1
    1)Why you cannot always add two numbers that have the same dimensions? Example?
    huh what? This is what we call a badly written question. :)
    ]
    2)Is it possible for two quantities to have the same dimensions but different units?
    I suppose what they mean is:

Is three meters equal to three feet? Or something like that.

]
    3) Is it possible for two quantities to have the same units but different dimensions?
    Huh what? Who writes these things? How do they define "dimensions" and "units"? These terms are openly ambiguous.

I suppose they are asking:

Can you have something that is five feet and something that is three feet?
    Well, yes...

]
    4) Considering the fact that 3.28 ft=1m, which is the larger unit for measuring area, 1 ft2 or 1m2?
    Finally something a bit more clear. Since a square foot is one foot*one foot and a square meter is one meter*one meter, and a meter is longer than a foot, than a square meter is larger than a square foot.

]
    5)Consider a 1330-ft2 apartment.With your answer to part (a) in mind and without doing any calculations, decide whether this apartment has an area that is greater or less than 1,330 m2.
    Yeah, well, since a square foot is smaller than a square meter, then 1330 square feet is less than 1330 square meters...

]
    6)In a 1,330-ft2, how many square meters of area are there?Does this support in part 4 and 5?
    Number crunching time. (sqrt(1330)/(3.28))^2

Best of luck,
    ~psi42
    Slow Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2004, 11:26 PM
    Chapter 1
    Hehehe.. sorry,
    Thanks Psi 42.
    Well you know, I can't study by myself, I need a teacher.
    Studying by yourself is not working at all to me.. ekekek.
    Thanks Again.

And for the 2nd question, yes.. I think it is something like that
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jul 11, 2004, 01:39 PM
    Re: Chapter 1
    Hehehe.. sorry,
    Thanks Psi 42.
    Well you know, I can't study by myself, I need a teacher.
    Studying by yourself is not working at all to me.. ekekek.
    Ow...

If you're trying to learn all this by yourself, I'd say you need to find a better book. :)

What book is this anyway?

In my opinion, there are very few math/science textbooks out there that are actually well-written. Most of them are pretty much worse than useless on their own, especially if there are more equations than words in the "examples" section.

If you do manage to find a good book (I'd suggest trying a big-box public bookstore, and don't buy sparknotes--they suck), you should have much better luck.

:)

~psi42

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refinancing with a chapter 13 [ 6 Answers ]

I am looking to refinance while still in my chapter 13. Can I secure all documents/applications without paying my attorney?

Chapter 13 [ 6 Answers ]

I just made my last payment on my chapter 13 bankruptcy. I am waiting my discharge papers. I was told that I will still have to pay an attorney or interest to my mortgage company. Is this true?

Getting tenant out w/ Chapter 7 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi.. we have a tenant that has not paid August or September and bounced/finally paid June and July. We served her with a 30 day notice on Aug 15th to break the tenancy and to leave the property on Sept 16th. We just received a letter today that she filed Chapter 7 on Aug 31st. We have people coming...

Chapter 13 bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

May Have To Do A Chapetr 13 To Safe My House I Have Spoken To A Lawyer About All This But What Gets Me Is I Still Have To Pay My 1500.00 Morg Which I Just Can't Do And That's What Got Me Into This Mess In The First Place. We Have Been In This House 10 Years Now And Did A Refi 4 Years Ago.it...

Chapter 13 [ 2 Answers ]

Thank for the info,but will I be able to get a refi since I'm 4 months Behind and there calling every day telling me their going to foreclose? Last month I tried and there seamed to have many bumps in the road Because of this.my new place asked if I was in forecloser because it came Up,but I...

View more questions Search