Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cameron 10 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2009, 11:04 AM

We talked she says that waiting a year would be better.we are both 45 and she can't have kids so we have time it just seems that to me what are you waiting for ? To be apart after 2yrs is hard to come home alone on week days and talking on the phone doesn't do it .should I just put my foot down ? I thought it was cold feet but I don't know.she still wants to get married she says but is that just till next year ?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 11:12 AM

Other then waiting for the year,did you feel talking to her helped clear up any issues?

Do you feel happier?

Nov 16, 2009, 11:18 AM

Some ,No I think that Im letting her run and she has asked me early on not to.Im wondering how long will I be chaseing her?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 11:27 AM

A year is not that long, however I do wonder why wait any longer?

Do you think its to get the children sorted and her family to agree?

Buying more time so to speak...

I'm finding it difficult to see where she is coming from.

Nov 16, 2009, 11:37 AM

I think partly the kids she hasent told her mo the date yet and I really think its to do with this guy emailing her .I mean thi came about just days after .She showed me the email he sent and what she answered back but part of me thinks she wants him more .I just have this feeling that I should let her go but I don't want to I very much love her.Shes like a deer in the head lights when he's around.His email after she told him she was getting married says he has a new girlfriend any way so why email her to start with. After that email she changed her tune a little.Its just weird
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 11:37 AM

Hey red, you've been handling this quite well.

Cameron you've been with woman for almost 3 years I gather. So you should know a little about her by now, enough to know how her relationship is with her mother.

Has she ever sided with her mother before and left you in the cold? Do her arguments usually start or have the sentence "but my mother says...." . If so I can tell you now a marriage will not change that. in fact it may even add some more pressure to your relationship since the mother is against it.

She's been with you for 2 1/2 years- I don't think she has a problem with it, I think that her mother has a problem with it so she does.

As for cold feet. It happens, to every bride. It can happen two seconds before I do or before the wedding day. It's normal it's natural.

I suggest that you do some premarital counselling. It is really a huge help, that way you go into a marriage prepared with the right tools and have any problems either fixed or undercontrol.

Good luck to you. Don't over think things-- that'll drive you crazy and you'll end up with nothing but more questions and being more worried than you should be.

Sarah

Nov 16, 2009, 11:42 AM
    I've read some of your post your very good .The ex in the rain was good .answered one hope you get to read it.I know where your heart is your good people

Nov 16, 2009, 11:48 AM
    That's true .She hs stood up to her mom in her way and her mom likes me but Im starting to think the pressure to be perfect for her mom is over powering her.she just after the ring came she started this she never told her mom we were getting serious
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 11:48 AM
    Why don't you fill us in on your history with her.

Why did she have a boyfriend?
    Why would her mother approve of him an not you?
    When your talking to her about this, which you need to, how is she reacting?

It seems as though she may not be sure what she wants her future to be. You need to talk and get to the bottom of it and why. There is a reason for the stalling and you need to talk about it.

Nov 16, 2009, 11:55 AM
    It does come back to the mom I guess her mom knew about other guy her sister says it was to please her mom I think I lost apart of her to him she says no she had to and its over it's the only time she's lied to me and I forgave her but it keeps popping up.
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 12:02 PM
    Why does it keep popping up?

Are you bringing it up or is she?

Things like that take time and you both need to heal from it. If it does continue to come up then talk about it with her. Talk to her until your face turns blue.

Do you think this made her nervous about getting married?

What was her reason for the boyfriend?

Nov 16, 2009, 12:03 PM
    It was one of those we need a break things .Her mom doesn't think she can handle the kids ,but she's a teacher I think her mom has made some mistakes and passes the guilt on to her.she was married before for 5 months the guy had to kis and didn't back her up she's 45 now and I'm not him

Nov 16, 2009, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron 10 View Post
    it was one of those we need a break things .Her mom doesnt think she can handle the kids ,but shes a teacher i think her mom has made some mistakes and passes the guilt on to her.she was married before for 5 months the guy had to kis and didnt back her up shes 45 now and im not him
    Its two kids

Nov 16, 2009, 12:06 PM

Someone to show her mom she tried something else

Nov 16, 2009, 12:10 PM
    I don't bing it up but he was doing drive byes and calling and lives in the same area few streets away so she was still running into him.
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 12:14 PM
    Well I think that issue needs to be resolved before you can focus on each other.

Nov 16, 2009, 12:19 PM

As per the last email when she found out he was seeing someone she changed her tune with me .I know the answer its easier when its someone else to see it I should let her go but its hard.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2009, 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    no,relationships should not be all give.

both people need their needs met.

if one person feels their giving more and making more allowance and more compromises,its time to talk...or reconsider the relationship...

i do think that theres a communication error in your relationship,and your not listening to each other...if you dont tell her what you need from her,she wont know...

there needs to be a sense of fairness in the relationship....but i believe from your posts,she is easily influenced by others....

she needs to hear all that you have posted.

you are an adult,and to make an informed opinion and choice you need all the information,as does she....you need to talk!

i do suggest you keep an eye on your thread,as other people will have advice for you too.
    Dead on right. I wish I could add more.
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron 10 View Post
    as per the last email when she found out he was seeing someone she changed her tune with me .I know the answer its easier when its someone else to see it I should let her go but its hard.
    Well here is the question.
    What if he didn't have someone else? What would her tune be then?

Maybe its time for a good sit down discussion. First decide on the wedding. You don't want to keep going in this direction and have her feel obligated since its all been planned and ready to go. I can sense insecurity on both sides and that's not a good way to start a marriage.

Nov 28, 2009, 03:12 PM

Putting wedding off no set date I'm tired . Do I ask for ring back at some point ? I have never been this in love , she says she wants to get married .To me if you want to you do. I think I'm burned out .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold feet or something more? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: We've been living together for 6 years and the r'ship has mostly been wonderful. We love each others company and do lots of fun things together. He doesn't really go out much and always says he likes being home with me. I have never controlled his social life and have always...

I think I have cold feet [ 9 Answers ]

Me and my fiancé are in a complex military situation that kind of made us push up the date. I'm so nervous. I decide to let out what I think is all the crazy to a bunch of strangers. And less than a week till the day What if I get deployed? Will he leave me? It's 9 months to a year with little...

Does he have cold feet? [ 10 Answers ]

Last week my I was having a hard time with our wedding plans and finances, this was putting a strain on our relationship, my fiancé was being very supportive all week but I was to worked up to notice. Saturday I went to buy my wedding dress and when I came home my fiancé and all of his clothes were...

Cold feet [ 2 Answers ]

A few months ago I turned my bed around an I put the fan at the base of my bed pointing directly at my feet ever since then I have been having a strange feeling in my feet, hot sensations creepy crawling feeling it also feel weird at my office its airconditioned so most of the time my feet are I'm...

Cold Feet [ 13 Answers ]

My feet are cold. I am wearing socks and shoes but they are just so cold. And I am so bored... Any creative tips on how to warm up my feet?:D

View more questions Search