Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ralyanna Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2009, 03:25 AM
    Pension-funds
    My father has died last August. He has been re-married for less then 3 years.
    What does the law say about...

Hoe long does a cupple have to be married to have the right to receive any pension funds?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2009, 06:15 AM

Where? As long as a couple is married the spouse is entitled to inherit, whether it's 5 minutes or 50 years.

Nov 13, 2009, 03:03 AM
    The reason I am informing about this is because some people say that they had to be married for a minimum of 5 years for her to be intitled to inherit. And what about (minor)children?

Nov 13, 2009, 03:06 AM

JudyKAyTee to your question where? In the state of Florida! And about the question regarding children... my father didn't have a last will...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transfer US Pension to a UK Pension Plan [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a US citizen permanently livng in the UK. I currently have a US pension that I would like to transfer to a UK pension plan. Will the IRS allow me to do that? From what I have read, tax-free transfers are allowed from one qualified plan to another qualified plan, or to an IRA. And according to...

Pension Tax [ 1 Answers ]

President Obama was going to waive the taxes on early pension withdrawl up to $10,000. Has this "change" happened yet? Robert

401 or state pension 25 year pension [ 1 Answers ]

I always wonder if I had a 401k insteed of a state pension. The period is from: 1969-1994. I received $1,000 a month for life. Have already received $192,600 But what about other scenario. 401K investment plan during the same period. Would it be better, the same, or worst?? ...

Her pension vs no pension [ 1 Answers ]

My friends is getting divorced and being sued for infidelity. His wife has a great teachers pension. What percent do you think he may be entitled to. The point is they have 2 houses and land, but she is the bread winner. He wants to keep the primary home. They live in NY. I doubt the charge...

View more questions Search