Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annon000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2006, 06:21 AM
    Best friend.. suicidal
    Last year my best friends dad killed himself, she was the one who found him and has never talked to anyone about this... either family friend or otherwise, recently she told she has been acting out of character, she doesn't really seem to care about her actions and has told me she has had thoughts of doing something to herself and she doesn't want to be here anymore. I've told her she needs to speak to someone, I'm desperate for her to talk to a someone who is not involved, she keeps sying she will but hasn't yet. Don't know what to do...
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2006, 06:33 AM
    My cousin committed suicide 3 years ago he was my age back then, 27.

When he committed suicide he didn't inform anyone what his ideas where, in fact he had tried 3 times before he actually achieved it.

Your friend is crying for help.
    She needs counseling, she needs to seek professional help, she needs to speak to a physcologist asap.

Search for a physcologist for her, book the appoitment and take her there, go with her if you have to.

She has passed through a very traumatic eposide, its hard losing a parent, I know what it means but the way she discovered her father is something that she will never forget.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2006, 03:47 PM
    This is serious business. She has taken a terrible hit that would throw anybody for a loop. She needs to know that what she's feeling is entirely understandable, but that doing herself in would be a terrible blow to others who have suffered just as she has. Talk to anyone else you know who cares about her and enlist their help. She needs to know that she is cared for and understood.
    Amythest Posts: 98, Reputation: 6

Nov 8, 2006, 04:22 PM
    In high school I had a freidn who had said somehting similar. I ddin't say anything to anymoe and she killed herself that evening. I know it's not my fault, but a part of me will always wonder if I told someone, maybe she would still be here. I also had my grandfather shoot himself a few years back. I myself have also had bouts with suicidal thoughts in the past, I worked through them, but the thing is you never know who is simply thinking, and who is about to plunge... I know your scared that you will loose your friends trust, but I'd rather loose a friends trust and herstill be alive, than to loose a friend that I will never get to talk to again.
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Nov 17, 2006, 04:16 AM
    You need to tell some one.. you didn't tell us your age, but if you are in school.. tell an advisor... tell some one.. this is too big for you to handle alone. If you are an adult call a hot line and they can fix you up with some one to speak to in your town. Don't try to handle this by yourself.. you need help with this.
    This person needs help but you may have to drag her to it and you have to have help to do this. You are way to close to the situation to handle it alone.
    pumibel Posts: 84, Reputation: 16

Nov 17, 2006, 07:37 PM
    I agree with everyone here. You can probably find a hotline in the front of your phonebook where there are emergency numbers or talk to one of your friend's relatives- her mother, possibly, and let them know. She may get mad at you at first, but after she gets better she will come around, I am sure of it.

Please come back and let us know how it turns out-
    My prayers are with you and your friend
    dbek Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Nov 17, 2006, 11:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by annon000
    last year my best friends dad killed himself, she was the one who found him and has never talked to anyone about this...either family friend or otherwise, recently she told she has been acting out of character, she doesnt really seem to care about her actions and has told me she has had thoughts of doing something to herself and she doesnt want to be here anymore. ive told her she needs to speak to someone, im desperate for her to talk to a someone who is not involved, she keeps sying she will but hasnt yet. dont know what to do....
    Don't ignore the situation, she is crying out for help. My sister tried committing suicide, and I was the one that had to deal with the situation at the time (I was called). Of course, no one asked how I was doing-the trama that I was having to go threw thinking my sister was going to die and I was helpless. She lost her father, gone threw so much. If in school, go to the counselor, call the suicide hotline. Something, she is crying out for help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suicidal Bipolar Boyfriend [ 18 Answers ]

I would really appreciate anyone's advice, especially if they have been through something similar. I have been dating my boyfriend off and on, mostly on for the past three years. He's grown increasingly more violent towards me. He never beats me up or anything but I'm definitely frightened by...

HELP! Suicidal! [ 12 Answers ]

My boyfriend has recently gone off to uni, I'm stuck here without him. Recently he cheated on me and I don't no what to do I love him and I want to be with him, but he thinks its best to break up as he wants to experience other girlfriends. I was his first love and he was mine. Neither of us have...

My best friend is suicidal [ 5 Answers ]

How do I reply to this? This is a message my best friend sent me today. "read this!!!!! hunter whenever u get this....i love you...(not in the gay way) but as a brother...as the only one that cares...without you...i would do something really stupid to myself...but yeah...last night...i cut...

Partner is potentially suicidal [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend/partner is going through a very rough time and has had suicidal thoughts. When he gets like that, he feels that there is nothing good in his life and nothing will ever get better. He doesn't "hear" me when I tell him I love him and will stand by him and I think he's a wonderful...

Suicidal friend [ 1 Answers ]

Recently my friend has been hurting herself due to a break-up with her boyfriend. She has lost allot of weight and is cutting her arms. She talks about killing herself. I don’t no what to do because she is staring to be mean to us her friends and I don’t want to cause her any more pain but she is...

View more questions Search