Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lawandastreet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2009, 03:07 PM
    How do an early childhood teacher dress
    How do an early childhood teacher dress for the class room and what is the pay?
    sprtrmpcnsltng Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2009, 04:57 PM

I saw a school teacher in blue jeans and a gap shirt. Not sure if this is what I would consider appropriate but apparently the school didn't mind. Dress codes are becoming more lax. Can't tell you the pay don't know where you live. If it were me I would always caution on the side of overdressing
    meyowgee Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

May 27, 2010, 05:40 PM

Your center should have a dress code. You are on the floor must of the time so tight pants or a dress is not a good idea. Scrubs serve well at our center. If pay is a concern private schools and centers don't pay as well as the public. Teachers of the very young do it out of love. Pay is low on the list when this career picks you.
    septemberlove Posts: 30, Reputation: 11

Jul 11, 2010, 03:06 PM
    At the private preschool where I teach, we wear khaki pants, capris, or bermuda shorts and a black shirt. We have aprons to wear over our clothes when dealing with messy activities!
    Common sense tells you no tight clothing, no skirts, low cut shirts, no midriff, no shorts above the knee, no crazy hair/piercings/or tattoos showing. These things just aren't conducive to teaching with young children!

As for pay, it depends on the preschool or daycare and the location. This is certainly not a job for someone looking for a lot of pay. This job definitely is done out of pure passion and joy.

I also love that meyowgee said "when this career picks you"! I tried and tried and tried to build a career where I would make more $! But, my heart will forever belong in a classroom filled with messy three year olds!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early Childhood Educators! [ 8 Answers ]

I was curious, to all you ECE's out there, how is it? Is it hard to find work like at a daycare? I also am curious to know how I would go about becoming one later in my life,

Teacher dress code [ 4 Answers ]

I got this online for a female teacher's dress code. * Dresses – hose should be worn if the dress does not fall below the knee * Nice slacks – no tennis shoes * Midriff tops should not be worn * Skirts – length must fall no higher than the top of the knee * Choose...

Teacher Dress Codes [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any case law pertaining to dress codes for teachers? Thanks

Early Childhood [ 3 Answers ]

What Does it take to become a Early Childhood Teacher:p

View more questions Search