Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wetona Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2004, 03:40 AM
    Aerodynamic lift
    When a high wind blows across the roof of a house an upward force acts on the roof. Explain why? THANK YOU... THANK YOU!?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 6, 2004, 07:06 AM
    Re: Aerodynamic lift
    As a Floridian that has been through a hurricane, :-/ I think I may have your answer.
    As the wind blows across the roof it creates a suction inside the home. The more force the more suction pulling upwards. ::)
    To prevent this from happening we are advised to open windows on the opposite side of the direction the wind is blowing. :-* This relieves the internal pressure and hopefully will keep your roof intact. ;D Next question?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lift generated by rotation [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to calculate the lift caused by rotation of a cylinder in a flow of air? We could define the cylinder as being 14ft long, 6ft wide and rotating at 10,000rpm Airflow could be anything above 10mph

Should I lift weights? [ 8 Answers ]

Im 29 year old woman who is overweight. I've been doing cardio 4-5 times a week and have not really had any great results now. I lost 15 pounds in 3 months but I still look pretty much the same. I'm startting to give up since my results are minimal. I've heard that weight training gives the...

Nissan terrano with a body lift [ 0 Answers ]

I have bought a 1990 nissan terrano in japan. (same as a pathfinder in the states) My problm is that with a 3 inch body lift my transfer shifter was shortened, so that when I drop the lever in to 4low it will not go in to gear because the lever is hitting the console. Yes a redneck hillbilly like...

View more questions Search