Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bobrichards Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2009, 09:44 PM
    I have found I need to turn off my trendmicro firewall to dowload MS updates. Why?
    I have windows XP and use IE. If I try to download auto updates etc from Microsoft I get an error message - unless I turn off the firewall - then it works fine. I don't like turning off the firewall so I wondered if there is anyway to overcome the problem?
    NairobiPOD Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Sep 26, 2010, 08:12 AM
    Microsoft Update is checking your computers configuration, which is an acess from outside.
    A firewall usually blocks any incoming connections but usually MS-Update should be configured as an exclusion.
    I don't know the Trend-Micro in detail but it should have some eventlog that says: "blocked communication: <Application-Name or Connection-Name>" you should be able to add the blocked applikation to the exclusuion-list.
    Just check the Manual of the Trend-Micro-verion you are using, it should be in the install-folder, and search it for "exclude or exculsion"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cannot dowload anything to my computer [ 2 Answers ]

All of a sudden I cannot dlownload anything to my computor. I used to be able to but for some unknown reason no longer can,

Will windows dowload drivers? [ 2 Answers ]

Our computer recently crashed, we rebooted and in the process all of our drivers were deleted and not re installed when we rebooted... if we go out and buy the newest windows vista will the drivers be installed? :confused:

Experience with TrendMicro security, anyone? [ 5 Answers ]

I am a novice as to the technical side of computers. On the recommendation of a friend, I use TrendMicro. As far as I can tell, it's doing okay. Popular names seem to be McAfee and Norton. Any comments? Thanks.

TrendMicro Wouldn't Work! [ 7 Answers ]

I have seen many positive comments about TrendMicro in various websites. Hence I tried to use it today. However, after I clicked the Free Scan bottom, a new webpage came up, then that was it! I waited for half an hour, but nothing was shown on the screen with an orange background. I have turned...

View more questions Search