Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alforo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2009, 01:38 PM
    Vcr recorder on dish satellite system
    I have a DISH NETWORK satellite system with two TV's in my house. TV1 operates on channel 3 and TV2 operates on channel 60. I want to add a vcr recorder to TV2.

I know that there are plain vanilla VCR's, VCR's with tuners, and 'cable ready' VCR's. What kind do I need?

How do I set things up? What cables do I need and what do I plug them in to? I am not tech savvy and don't know any of the lingo. I need specific instructions.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Nov 10, 2009, 03:13 PM

Hi Alforo,

Pretty much any VCR you get nowadays will be cable ready, and if it's cable ready then it definitely has a tuner. You should be fine with pretty much any low cost VCR, as they should all be able to record on channel 60, which is what you need to set it to do to be able to record off the DISH box. You would plug the line coming from the DISH box into the INPUT plug of the VCR, and then another cable from the OUTPUT plug of the VCR, to the input on the TV where the DISH line is currently plugged in. Then put your TV on channel 3 or 4 (whichever the VCR is set to), turn the VCR on, and turn the VCR on channel 60. You should see your satellite TV, and then you're all set.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hook up dvd recorder to TV and satellite dish [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if anybody out there has any diagrams on how to hook up a dvd recorder to an existing satellite box and television. I need to know what cables run from the satellite box to the TV then the cables that run from the dvd to the TV and back etc.:(

Can't get VCR to record with new Dish network. [ 0 Answers ]

I just upgraded to HD on The Dish Network. One TV has a receiver (and has HD capabilities) the other TV does not have a receiver (because it isn't HD). I can set up VCRs to play on both TVs, but I can't get it to record. Any ideas? Thanks!

Aiming a satellite dish [ 1 Answers ]

How do I use a compass to aim the satellite dish?

Hook up dish satellite, vcr, dvd player/recorder and TV [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect dish satellite, a vcr, a dvd player/recorder to my TV so I can play dvds and transfer vcr contents to dvds. I need help with the terminology on the in and outputs and what kind of cables.

View more questions Search