Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sylwia_Sydorow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2006, 08:45 PM
    I recently got my colored my hair to a dark brown
    Well I just recently went to a salon and wanted to color my hair, my hair is naturally a dark blonde/light brown hair color but I had light blonde highlites all over my head and so ia sked my hait stylist if he could dye my hair a light brown so it could be the closest possible hair colour to my nautral color and it turned out a dark brown!! What should I do? I don't want this dark color! I want to go back and color it into a light brown without having too much damage happen or without my hair turning orange or red!!

Please answer me back
    caesars charm Posts: 80, Reputation: 7

Nov 7, 2006, 08:56 PM
    Hi Sylwia_Sydorow. Boy don't you sound familiar. I've been there and yes I shed tears but over the years I've learned a lot about hair colour believe me. Go to a pharmacy and pick up a colour in med ash blonde and it will look after your problem. When someone puts a brown in their hair it usually turns out like a black especially before a few washes. If you want to lighten it a bit more go for a light ash blonde but stay on the blonde products and not the browns. Sounds to me like you were a med blonde anyway. Good luck!
    nikkimo70 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2006, 09:34 PM
    Sylwia,

I had a similar problem recently trying to go back to my natural color, it was so drastic and dark, my stylist put in some caramel colored hilites on the crown with a gold undertone and it brightened up the look a lot... GOOD LUCK
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 7, 2006, 11:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylwia_Sydorow
    well i just recently went to a salon and wanted to color my hair, my hair is naturally a dark blonde/light brown hair color but i had light blonde highlites all over my head and so ia sked my hait stylist if he could dye my hair a light brown so it could be the closest possible hair colour to my nautral color and it turned out a dark brown!!! what should i do? i dont want this dark color! i want to go back and color it into a light brown without having too much damage happen or without my hair turning orange or red!!!

please answer me back
    Sweetie, I know you're disappointed, but please don't attempt to color your hair yourself, you might ruin your hair. I think you should go back to the salon and have them fix your hair. If you are not satisfied with the results, they will fix it free of charge because they don't want any negative reputation. Don't be afraid to go back to the salon, I'm sure they will correct the color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Blonde highlights with dark brown hair [ 6 Answers ]

I just got my hair highlighted blonde/gold today but it's not as subtle as I had hoped. How do I make it fade to a more subtle color as quickly as possible without returning to the salon? Would Prell work?

I turned my pretty blonde hair into a dark brown mess! [ 4 Answers ]

I have (HAD) natuarally golden blonde hair. I wanted to go to a medium brown shade. It came out a little dark on top, but nothing I coulnt deal with, my bottom however, its almost black, dry and dead (needs to be cut), with a greenish tint to it. I absolutely hate it! I went out and bought a...

Dark brown discharge [ 5 Answers ]

k... I started this new birth control called the nuva ring... it really easy and comfotable. The thing is that I am not supposed to get my period for another couple of weeks.. and I started getting dark brown discharge:eek: . So much that I need to use tampons.. its been going on for 5 dayz... I am...

Orange colored hair [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter got her hair color darkened a few months ago. However, now it is looking very dry and has an orange hue to it. She is a swimmer and had just begun swimming practice daily, so she gets exposed to chlorine everyday. Is there anything we can do for her hair to get that orange cast off...

View more questions Search