Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dallashomeowner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2009, 08:38 AM
    Moving washer & dryer connections, adding a shower, moving a toilet
    I know this is a lot for one question, but bear w/ me.

We have a half bath in which our full size w/d connections are located. We would like to move them to the kitchen, about 15 ft away. We do have a pier and beam house. Any ideas on how much that would cost?

Also, we want to put a bathtub w/ a shower in where the w/d connections used to be so that we will have a full bath for guests when they come to stay w/ us. Since the water lines are already there, could we contemplate doing this ourself? Or, would it be better just to have the plumber rough in the piping or drain for the shower when he moves the connections to the kitchen?

And one last thing, we want to move our toilet over about two feet, and it would be parallel w/ the joists or whatever, we wouldn't have to cross any.

So, we were just wondering how much all of this would cost, and if we should get it all done at the same time since the plumber will be out here anyway?

My husband is also really handy, is it feasible that he could do all/any of this himself?

Thanks for taking the time to answer all of these, really appreciate it!
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Nov 10, 2009, 09:01 AM

I cannot speak to the plumbing aspect of this question other than to say that in my opinion it would be wiser to call several licensed plumbers and get bids on having the work done.

As to the Dryer, there are serious electrical issues. If your husband or you do not know how to run a 240 VAC line from the service panel to the new location, please consider calling a licensed electrician.

The main Service Panel can be very deadly if not done correctly, nor is the risk any lower for burns and Arc blasts.

You have to shut the panel down and still be careful because the conductors that feed the panel are still live.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moving washer and dryer [ 1 Answers ]

My mom lives on the first floor and has a washer and dryer that needs to go to the basement need help in getting it down their need movers cheap. Help

Moving washer and dryer [ 2 Answers ]

My mother wants to move her washer and dryer from the basement to the main floor for health reasons. I figure all we need to do is cap off the old lines and redirect the 220. My question though is, is it okay to tie into the 2 inch drain line that runs from all the sinks , etc. and also would it...

Moving washer/dryer hookups [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a stacked washer & dryer in my laundry room. I need to move the water hookup and drain box. It will be on the same wall , I just need to move it over about 3 ft. I was planning on cutting out the drywall to expose the piping and then do whatever is needed to move the hot & cold...

Need some help with venting, moving toilet adding bath [ 9 Answers ]

I am moving my toilet to the other side of the bathroom, and adding a tub. My bathroom is very small 5' X 7' and I only have one existing vent. The vent is 2" in the wall and is 3" coming out of the roof. Anyway, I was wondering if this piping plan would work, or if someone has a better way to do...

Moving a toilet and adding a sink [ 3 Answers ]

I am remodeling a bathroom in a 150 year old house so there are several unusual features. I want to move a toilet that is on a 3 inch copper line 6 feet away from the 3 inch copper drain stack. It is currently 2 feet away. The vent at the main stack is 2 inches and it is at a 90 degree angle to...

View more questions Search