Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drizzt Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2006, 06:28 PM
    Altima 95 2.4l 4 cyl. Won't start
    I park my car last night and he never want to start again.
    I turn the key the starter is turning but the car is not starting.
    I press the gas pedal nothing else.
    All electrical is OK. (radio,wiper,light)
    I change gas filter.
    Got firing on coil and sparkplug wire.
    Got gas in tank.
    Gas pump fuse OK. Test with light
    I take out the gas pump relay and test it he look OK make click sound and test light working when relay click.
    All fuse under hood look OK.test with light
    I clean the rotor.
    I try to jump start the car but its not doing anythink.
    What I do now ? :(
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2006, 06:53 PM
    Check for any diagnostic codes being thrown. When you turn the ignition to ON, does the Check Engine Light come on and then go off after 2 seconds? During this 2 second period, do you hear the fuel pump run?

Nov 8, 2006, 09:28 AM
    If I turn the key to ON position.
    I ear the gas pump.
    The oil light, check engine light, hand break light and battery light turn ON
    Air Bag light go ON and OFF after 2 secondes
    And when I turn to Start position the Check Engine light turn OFF
    I don't have anything to get code How I do that ?
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2006, 09:35 AM
    When you turn the ignition to ON, does the Check Engine Light come on and then go off after 2 seconds by itself (not turning the key to START)?

You need to get a Haynes Manual or other reference source for a 1995 Altima. I'm not sure for your car. On pre-1996 Hondas, you jump the Service Check Connector, turn the ignition to ON, read the flashes of the Check Engine Light, and consult a list for what the codes mean.

Nov 8, 2006, 09:40 AM
    No:(
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2006, 09:51 AM
    I don't have any experience with Altimas, but it concerns me the Check Engine Light does not go off after 2 seconds, when the ignition is turned to ON. On most cars I've seen, that are working properly, it does. It could indicate a problem with the Engine Control Module (computer).

Best thing is to try and find out if your ECM is throwing any codes and go from there.
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2006, 11:43 AM
    You mentioned that you checked all under-hood fuses. However, did you check all under-dash fuses?

Since you have spark and you can hear the fuel pump run, you'd think it would start. Do you have good fuel pressure? Do you have power going to your injectors? I'm suspicous that there's a problem with the main relay, which normally provides power to the injectors, fuel pump, and ECM.

Nov 27, 2006, 07:26 AM
    Here we are now
    I by the Haynes book
    Correction sometime I here the gas pump, sometime not
    I pull out the distributor and clean it for oil, there was no oil in distributor
    After that the car start two time and next day won't start
    I find in Haynes book I could see code of the computer
    And I got code 34 knock sensor
    What is knock sensor and what is doing I don't no I have to learn that
    Here I am now

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car won't start. [ 11 Answers ]

So I have a 1995 HONDA CIVIC. Its been great for me since I bought it in march 2006. But now my car won't start. It has randomly not started 3 times in the past few weeks. The first time I didn't do anything. Then a few days later it randomly started up again. I went and got my oil changed, and...

Civic won't start... please help [ 2 Answers ]

It kind of happened over the course of the day.. like I realized it was taking more to get it to start and by the end of the day my civic wouldent start anymore... so first I thought it must be the fuel pump or the ditributor... so I bought a whole new distributor assembly and cap and new spark...

My PC won't start [ 2 Answers ]

Just installed windows xp 3 days ago, Now I put on my PC and it won't start... the lights donot even come on I changed the cords but it still won't work

95 civic won't start [ 3 Answers ]

I just recently rebuilt the engine in my 95 civic... about a week later the radiator blew and I replaced that... now about 2 weeks later my car suddenly won't start... one day I leave the gym after working out and it won't start... I first thought the gas gauge was wrong so I just put in some gas...

Honda won't start [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm from london and I have a 99 honda civic coupe, it was made in the usa, reacentaly I changed the engine. I repklaced the engine with another 1.6 engine from a british spesification car but now my car won't start. It makes the noise as if it is about to start but it doesn't spark, I called out...

View more questions Search