Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jtwilliams08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2009, 10:31 AM
    Checking the status of a cash out on 401K?
    I was just laid off and took my 401k out to help with me and my familys needs till I get a job. I was wondering how long it took to receive the check? We need it for our rent and bills for the next couple of months?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 12, 2009, 10:49 AM

Your 401(k) plan administrator should be able to tell you how long it will take for them to send you a check - did you ask them?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401k cash-out [ 1 Answers ]

A fellow employee was told by company's 401K company (fidelity) That he could not cash out his 401k period. Unless he had a hardship under their Under their guidelines , can they do that? I want to cash mine out, totally. I understand the taxes & penalties. Can they refuse me?

Want to cash 401k [ 2 Answers ]

I am in desperate need of cash between 3500-5000 and because I have horrible credit I can't qualify for anything. I've even tried doing a title car loan and I still can't get approved for that. So much for their advertisement of "will qualify you even if you have bad credit". Anyway, I would...

Cash in 401k [ 2 Answers ]

I need to cash in my 401k plan from my previous employers. How do I acces my information regarding this. Is there a web site I can go to and put in my ss# or something?

401K cash out [ 2 Answers ]

Could you tell me when and how much taxes I would pay if I cashed out my 401K which is $28000.00. Earnings for the year is $52000.00. Would that $28k be added to my income?

401K cash out, help [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone like a challenge? Lol As you can tell by the title a lot of changes in ’06…I reside in NH but work in MA and collected unemployment in Mass... 1. Laid off 1/4/06…Got residual hourly rate of $1500 GROSS, commission of $500 GROSS and annual bonus of $1000 GROSS… 2. Cashed out...

View more questions Search