Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stan200 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Nov 9, 2009, 10:30 AM
    Obama forces Americans to buy health insurance
    This is unconstitutional that this health care bill requires everyone to buy health insurance. What I don't understand is why can't there be an option for those who don't want to buy insurance to sign a waiver saying that they will not receive any medical care even if it's a life & death situation?

It's simple. If you don't want to buy insurance then that's your right but you just won't receive any hospital care.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 9, 2009, 01:26 PM

Sure... that would work GREAT--except for the fact that if it's a life-or-death situation, the HOSPITAL will make that call for you--especially if you're putting your KIDS at risk.

I don't like the Obamacare plan at all--but you can't just sign a waiver saying you'll never use medical care, because believe me--at some point in your life you WILL use medical care.

Nov 9, 2009, 03:11 PM
    I could understand being required to get insurance for the kids and even for yourself if you have kids.

But a single 29 year old man like myself who has no kids & does not want any shouldn't be forced to purchase insurance.

And signing the waiver just means that I'm exercising my rights not to live if I get sick. Part of the constitution gives you the right to life as well as the right to let yourself die. My body and my health is my responsibility alone.

It's just like people who are able to work but are too lazy to work. They shouldn't get access to free food & shelter. There are some people in this country who desire to be homeless & don't desire to work. The constitution gives them that right to do so. This is not a slave country.

I agree with Obama's plan to provide equal access to affordable health care but for those who refuse it they shouldn't be allowed to receive hospital care if they get sick. It should be a personal decision & with those decisions one should be allowed to reap the consequences.

Nov 9, 2009, 03:14 PM
    Besides how would this law be enforced? Does our law enforcement really have the time & resources to go around checking to see that everyone has some basic health insurance when there are more serious crimes taking place in our land?

Even if they could enforce this law I mean all of us would still be paying for their medical care & food when they get sent to jail for violating this law. You don't buy insurance you get fined. You can't pay the fine you go to jail. You go to jail then somebody has to pay for your food & medical care in there anyway.

See how that defeats the purpose of requiring everyone to buy insurance?
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2009, 06:36 PM

My thoughts are the only reason this was pushed through is Obama/Dem's wanted to fill in the stop gap for the lower income the "just above Welfare Medical card" people to guarantee they Vote for him next time.

I agree Health care cost needs addressed but this was NOT the way to do it. The Cost will be on the people that can afford Obama care and the rest will be subsides. Again it's a smoke and mirror. Another way to make the GOVS Medical card available. Look at the Pie chart here and WHO will be subsides and then who will pay for it Most in taxes.
    It was also a political move to let the illegals get closer to Amnesty. The bill had in it "Peloise, Why not let the illegals BUY into it DUH the WORD ILLEGALS means not to be here in the first place. OBAMAS/Dem's Half of grand scheme was to get/let the illegals to be able to Buy it and another step to amnesty. If they could and he could pass Amnesty later theres approx 15 to 20 Million New Dem's for Power of votes.

I did notice 39 Dem's DIDN'T Vote fot it. Whats that tell you if this was Such GREAT PLAN !!!!????? All but one Republican voted for it. mmm mmm mmmm

This is going to turn into a cluster "F"

American middle class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Like this 1,000 page Bill. The first thing WRONG in Health insurance is understanding the Lawyers language of you Policy when you Buy it. A "Bill" changing that so we could compare apples to apples is the First step. The other step would be allowing More insurance carries to cross state line. More competition Lower Cost for anything. How about the way the Doctors Insurance is tabulated by GROUP putting them in A higher bracket of instance when its tide into a City Geo area predominately Higher in Mal Practice. The Doctors insurers play that game on them.

To tell you the truth so many of the city Dwellers thinks its FREE, and it will be "Subsidize"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health insurance for diabetic, otherwise in good health [ 5 Answers ]

Next month, I will be landing in Texas as a new immigrant on my Green Card (female aged 55 years - not working). I have diabetese which is well controlled bu insulin and am otherwise in good health. Which companies would provide me a health insurance cover, even if they put a waiting period for the...

Obama statement about vets' private health insurance - t or f? [ 1 Answers ]

The following message was forwarded to me. I want to know if this reported 'quote' was actually made by Obama. It doesn't sound like something he would say. I have tried to research it but have had no success. Thank you in advance for your help. Bad press, including major mockery of the plan by...

Obama stepping into deep doodoo to tax veterans for health care [ 18 Answers ]

Get the tea parties ready for new Obama tax: "It was stated then that The American Legion believes that the reimbursement plan would be inconsistent with the mandate that VA treat service-connected injuries and disabilities given that the United States government sends members of the armed forces...

Ruin Your Health With the Obama Stimulus Plan [ 35 Answers ]

This is one way to force socialized medicine on us, hide it in the "stimulus" package. As I noted before when tom touched on this, a lot of Americans (myself included) complain of insurance companies determining what treatments they’ll pay for. How do YOU feel about the feds making those...

Obama flips on health care mandates [ 22 Answers ]

"flip" Remember during those endlessly mind-numbing Democrat debates one of the "real " differences between the big B.O. and Evita was the issue of a mandate requiring individuals purchase health care .Evita was in favor and Obama correctly argued that mandates were wrong because a mandate...

View more questions Search