Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PEBBLES104 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2009, 04:23 PM
    Balance sheet issue
    I am a treasurer in a design consulting firm.I have prepared a classified balance sheet dated November 07,2009 that will be submitted to the bank along with loan application.

In the current assets section I reported a 75000 receivable from the president of our firm as a trade account receivable.The president borrowed the 75000 in November 2007 for a down payment on a new home.He has orally assured me that he will pay of the account receivable within the next year.

Is it acceptable for me to prepare the balance sheet in the manner listed above. If not please explain how and why it should be done different.

Thanks
    hamzashakaa Posts: 161, Reputation: 8

Nov 9, 2009, 12:51 AM

The 75000 should be reported in due from employees section or other debit balances but not trade accounts receivable. Because trade receivables arise from the sale of the companys' products and services. The 75000 is a like a loan to the president.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trial Balance & Profit & Loss A/c & Balance Sheet [ 2 Answers ]

Good Evening Sir, How to prepare & do finalaization Trial Balance & Profit & Loss A/c & Balance Sheet . & also please provide some of the examples so I can be perfect.with your support. Thanks & Regards Pasha

Preparing is, re and balance sheet from Trial balance adjustement sheet [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to do my income statement, retained earnings and balance sheet from my adjusted trial balance sheet. I am confused from my book about the debits and credits. When I transfer them over from the adjusted sheet. Do they stay on the same sides. For example: assests will be on the...

How to record partners'current acounts in the trial balance and balance sheet [ 1 Answers ]

Two persons started their own business with the amount of dhs 175000 paid by one of them who doesn't work in the company . And the other one work in the company as a general manger .Considering the money as a loan to be paid back to the partner within 18 months, when their first financial...

Trial Balance and Balance Sheet of an airline company [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to get the idea about the trial balance andbalance sheet of an airline company. Can any one help me with that? Thanks, Shanthi

If T-Accounts Balance does this mean balance sheet & P&L work correctly? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Just wondering been having some problems with my Balance Sheet balancing, I was wondering if the Trial Balance balances, does that mean that the balance sheet will balance? (given that I do everything correctly? ) Also just a quick question while I'm asking, regarding depreciation in...

View more questions Search