Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fury Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2004, 04:06 AM
    Convection
    Here on earth, if heat rises and cold sinks, what happens in space where there is no (or at least less) gravity?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2004, 04:53 AM
    Re: Convection
    Heat does not rise on earth. It is a fluid that is warmer that is displaced by cooler fluid that is heavier because of thermal expansion. Thus, heat may be transferred to a higher point. In the vacuum of space, heat can only be transferred by radiation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problem with Convection Oven Fan [ 2 Answers ]

The fan on my convection oven keeps running after the oven is off. Does anyone have this problem or a solution?

Searching for GOOD convection oven [ 1 Answers ]

Hello to owners of fairly new ovens that have true convection roasting & baking. I recently bought a Kenmore free standing range (made by Frigidaire) that has a third unit & fan at the back of the oven for true convection roasting & baking. It does not bake evenly at all! I would like to hear...

Searching for GOOD convection oven [ 3 Answers ]

Hello to owners of fairly new ovens that have true convection roasting & baking. I recently bought a Kenmore free standing range (made by Frigidaire) that has a third unit & fan at the back of the oven for true convection roasting & baking. It does not bake evenly at all! I would like to hear...

View more questions Search