Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    duracel13 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2009, 04:19 AM
    Am I pregnant? No period, tests negative
    I desperately need your help. I started the mini pill on the 28th of September on the first day I got my period.
    On the 17th of October I came off the pill and had some brownish discharge for about three days.
    On the 23rd of October I had sex with my boyfriend and I'm pretty sure I was ovulating or about too as I had egg
    White discharge etc.
    Exactly a week later I had light pink and then brown discharge like impllantation bleeding only the amount of a table spoon.
    It's now a week after that and no period and all tests are showing negative! I would be overjoyed if I was pregnant
    But shouldn't a test be positive by now? I've noticed a lot of milky white discharge to the point where I'm convinced I've come on
    My period but it's just lots of discharge! (Sorry bit grosse) please help!
    charlyjefferis Posts: 95, Reputation: 4

Nov 9, 2009, 10:28 AM
    When I found out I was pregnant I didn't get a postivie test until I was nearly a month late so test again in a weeks time as the pregnancy hormone just might not be high as it is still quite early.

Hope this helps

Nov 9, 2009, 10:46 AM

Thanks I'll give it a go and keep you posted. I'm so convinced I'm pregnant but trying not to get my hopes up!
    charlyjefferis Posts: 95, Reputation: 4

Nov 9, 2009, 10:53 AM
    Im no expert hun, but just letting you know my experience ill keep my fingers crossed for you :) good luck
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2009, 11:38 AM

Mini Pills - Lower Dose Oral Contraceptive

Why are you taking birth control if you want to be pregnant?

Anytime you start a new because, it's normal for your cycle to be thrown off.

Let me know if my math is off. But if you were on the pill from sept 28 through oct 17, then you stopped taking the pills when you go to the inactive week. And you don't need a back up method while taking the inactive pills. So technically the sex you had on the 23rd would be considered protected sex still.

If you're still unsure, I would take another test, as suggested above.
    Mistique Posts: 145, Reputation: 11

Nov 9, 2009, 11:56 AM

Take a blood test... they are generally more accurate.

Nov 9, 2009, 01:44 PM

I was on the pill because at the time I didn't want to get pregnant. Financial situation etc. I also have no inactive pills, so I don't think that's the case.
    I'm booked in to have a blood test Wednesday but then I have to wait five days for results.
    Just wondered what peoples opinion is, the reason I feel so sure
    Is the implantation bleeding which looked exactly the same as when I had my first daughter that makes me think I am. Thanks for all advice by the way!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 9, 2009, 01:54 PM

What has your OB/GYN said about it?

Unfortunately, the timing that you've given, you probably were NOT ovulating at the time you think you were. Are you charting your ovulation?

Going on and off birth control without talking to your gynecologist is an extremely silly thing to do.

Most of the early signs of pregnancy mimic those of PMS--and coming Off birth control can mess up your period completely.

That spotting you had was probably your period.

It's POSSIBLE that you're pregnant--just not PROBABLE.

Did you use first morning urine when you tested? That's generally the best time to do so, as there is more of the pregnancy hormone in your urine then.

Nov 9, 2009, 02:12 PM

I actually had to come of the pill because I was admitted to hospital for a few days and contraceptives were the last thing on my mind. But thanks I guess I'll have to wait and see. It just seems weird I've had the spotting twice once after coming of the pill and once exactly a week after sex. Wish I knew either way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

7 days late period, unprotected sex, light period but 2 negative pregnancy tests [ 9 Answers ]

STRESSED! The first day of my last period was May 13th, 2009. My ex & I had unprotected sex on May 31st, 2009 (we did the pull out method 2 times). I was supposed to get my period around May 8th or 9th & didn't get it until May 16th & it was noticeably lighter & ended on May 17th. I took a digital...

Period, negative tests, feel pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

Please someone tell me in not crazy! I feel so confused For the past month and a half I have had severe pregnancy symptoms. Yet the weird part is that they all started the night before I started my period. My period typically lasts 3 days. The first time it was a normal period. Yet the second time...

Normal period, multiple negative pregnancy tests - Want to confirm I am not pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Am 22 years old. Had periods on 21 Dec 2008. Lasted till 23 Dec. On 24 Dec I was with my best friend and we got a little intimate. He masturbated and ejaculated. Then he wiped himself with some tissues, washed his hands and wiped them with a towel. After that he started fingering me, but only...

11 day delayed period, no other symptons,2 negative tests, pregnant? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, all! My period is 11 days late currently. I have an irregular period and usually it is 2 or3 day late. But it was once 30 day late 4 years ago when I left school and began my first job. This month my period should have come on Mar.17th but it still didn't come today. I took a pregnancy test...

No period, negative home pregnancy tests but am I pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I'm hoping someone can shed some light as I am a little confused. I stopped taking the pill 5 weeks ago. My period is always a 28 day cycle. My husband and I have been having unprotected sex and for the past 2 weeks I have been overly tired, some cramping, some nausea and bloated. ...

View more questions Search