Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Greenbus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2009, 12:22 AM
    Was landlord fraudulent?
    Signed a one year lease for an apartment. Two months later the landlord's son took over the business and asked me to sign some copies for his bank. After one year the lease was up. Notice was given appropriately. Landlord then says- hang on, you signed copies for three year rental - you have to pay two more years (17,100 Euros!). The leases are in Dutch and I had not initialled or been aware that he had changed the copies to three years. He is finding it hard to re-rent because it is a high rent and not in good order - but for me for one year was OK. I had a 10mth work contract - why would I willingly sign for 3yrs?? I have the original agreement still which I had looked over with a friend. I do not speak Dutch. The landlord said that he wanted a few extra copies for his bank. Was he deliberately fraudulent?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2009, 11:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbus View Post
    Was he deliberately fraudulent?
    Hello Green:

He probably was... But, so what?

I can't tell if you've moved out or you've changed your mind due to this situation. When I said so what, that's what I meant. Don't let him dictate your actions. You followed the lease and can prove it. So, move and let him sue you for what he says you owe. If you have a deposit that he refuses to return, you may have to instigate the suit.

I'm not familiar with EU law, and the advice above is based upon general landlord/tenant law. Plus, I don't know if you have the equivalent of a small claims court, but if so, that's where I would go.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fraudulent head of household [ 4 Answers ]

My ex wants to claim my older son as a dependent for 2007 so my ex can file as Head of Household and save $4700. My son turned 18 last year, lived with me about 90% of the year and did not earn any significant income. It's obvious to me that my ex cannot legally claim him (but I can). I do not want...

Fraudulent marriages [ 2 Answers ]

How many people go to jail each year for fraudulent marriages?

Fraudulent Adoption [ 1 Answers ]

How do I report a fraudulent foreign adoption and remain anonymous?

Fraudulent Adoption [ 2 Answers ]

How do I report a fraudulent foreign adoption and remain anonymous?

View more questions Search