Ask
    dandb200 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2006, 11:20 AM
    Air gap overflowing
    Why does my air gap for the diswasher overflow
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2006, 09:03 PM
    Your air gap for the dishwasher overflows because there is an obstruction in the line running room the air gap to the drain which more than likely is the disposal if you have one. Disconnect the line which is probably a rubber hose with moon clamps, wash it out good and replace it.
    If this is not the problem then it is further down the line from the air gap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dishwasher air gap overflowing [ 5 Answers ]

The air gap for our dishwasher has been overflowing since we bought the house 20 years ago. It was an annoying problem but not serious. I tried to fix this problem several times. I replaced the hose, I replaced the air gap NO JOY. The air gap discharges into the garbage disposal. The disposal seems...

Tub draining - but overflowing @ air vent T [ 4 Answers ]

Hi- Great forum and I'm hoping someone can help me... My tub is draining well... even better after a snaking and enzyme wash... but I see water backflowing (under the one-story house) at the t-connection with the air vent. Questions: 1) am I right to keep thinking this is a drainage problem...

DW Vent or Air Gap loop? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hello - I have a DW that is vented and then runs to just below the double sink opposite the disposal. I want to install a new faucet and would like to make a Looped air gap rather than use the vent on top of the counter. Do I have to loop it through the disposal or could I just go with...

Air Gap is overflowing [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All I have a very baffling situation. We changed our countertop, now the air-gap is overflowing for the first few seconds every time the dishwasher empties and makes a mess on the counter top, then continues to drain normally. Here is the setup. THREE separate drains under the sink, each...

Gap between cabinets and gas range [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about filling in a gap between my gas range and a cabinet. The gap is 25 inches length but the space near the front of the gas range is 1/2 inch and it gets narrower as the gap approaches the wall (1/8 inch). I am afraid food would drop in there and there would be no way to clean it...

View more questions Search