Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curiouscitizen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2009, 09:06 PM
    My child sees a person at night and is frightened
    How do I help my child who sees monsters at night?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2009, 05:18 AM

Fill a small spray bottle full of monster repellant and before bed, spray around the room and then leave the bottle by his bed for monster emergencies.

Its amazing what a $1 spray bottle filled with water, a few drops of green food coloring and a little anise extract for "repellant scent" can do.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2009, 05:24 AM
    Also, check to see if there are any lights throwing shadows,look at any toys in the room,could they be scary at night?

Don't make the monsters a taboo subject,there are loads of children's story books on the market about monsters at night,your child may relate to a story about how another child coped.

I will try and find some titles and post them for you.

I found two that I recongise.

'go away big green monster' by edward R emberley.

'bye bye monster' by kelly lurente and mary horan.

I also found suggestions by other parents where they made up their own stories where the child/family members/pet is the hero.
    Mistique Posts: 145, Reputation: 11

Nov 11, 2009, 01:14 PM

I agree, it could be night tremors... just like sleep walkers (like my daughter on rare occasions) careful not to disturb them abruptly. I was told things like this are temporary... usually it is just a stage of growth... or maybe your child has special gifts in the sixth sense arena. Is he seeing monsters? Or is he seeing people?

AboutKidsHealth: Health A-Z: Night Terrors
    (Night Terrors in Children - Identify, duration and prevention)
    And
    Coping with Night Terrors
    (Coping with Night Terrors)

I always try to find the "logical" reasons behind everything, including medical reasons (mental/psychological factors) before assuming that something "paranormal" is going on. I am also very spiritual that think that children do see things we don't because their so open, new and susceptible (third eye) to seeing spirits. Go the logical route and I really like the monster spray idea (in a spiritual way - you can add frankincense oil in the water - this is a purification/clearing method) and spray in the corners of the room.

I know how crazy I might sound :). I try to see the perspectives on both logical/scientific/factual and the idealist/spiritual/religious/non-conformance concepts and find a balance between what I know is a fact and staying open to other ideas. Good luck and my heart goes out to you in this ruff time.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2010, 07:41 PM

My son went through horrible night terrors when he was three. He was convinced his dreams were real. A nightlight and some children's books about dreams, and talks about silly dreams and scary dreams seemed to do it for us. We did use "monster spray" too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Support for a one night stand child? [ 5 Answers ]

Before my husband and I were together, he had a one night stand with my cousin. She became pregnant. He told her he did not want the child and even offered to pay for an abortion, give her a ride to the hospital and back. She said no. She said she wanted to keep the baby and that she would...

Can a person see there future child before they have them? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I was just wanting to know if it is possible if a person could see there child that there going to have before they get married or remarried what I mean is can a person see a full bodied child and here them call them mommy before they have one?

I'm frightened I will be a bad mother [ 2 Answers ]

Please help me, I am 21 years old and pregnant with my first child. I am still with the father who I have been with for 5 years. Initially I was very excited about having this baby, I'm already in love with it now, and would die for it. However I am very frightened now because I think I am going...

Frightened Pomeranian [ 3 Answers ]

We found a 6 month old pomeranian on our doorstep a few months ago. After taking her to the vet to check for micro chip we ended up keeping her. When we first approached her she began to shake violently and when we backed away she relaxed. She is used to us now but whenever a stranger is on the...

View more questions Search