Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lralbertan Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2009, 01:26 PM
    Office Management - Employees
    The service manager of a shop/industry was fired by the general manager. The service manager stayed until 5 PM (when he could close the shop down). Now the general manager is telling the shop foreman that he has to stay until 5 PM, without getting paid. Does the general manager have the right to do that? What are some suggestions without the shop foreman getting fired as well.

Thank-you!
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2010, 05:37 PM

If the employee is exempt, it may very well be legal for him to work a certain amount of uncompensated overtime. Every company has their own policies in that regard.

However, if the employee is a member of a union, the employer would have to pay overtime.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it legal to change full-time employees into part-time employees? [ 7 Answers ]

I would like to know how legal could be changing emplyees' schedulles without notice them before. I was working 40 hours each week since I started in my present job. They have been decreasing the number of hours for some employees. At this moment I'm working 32 hours each week, with 3 days off....

Unable to open any office 2003 application after downgrading fro office 2007 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Guys I just uninstalled office 2007 and installed office 2003, but I cannot go to outlook, it gives me an error saying something like mapi. Please assist guys:confused:

Office 2007 asks for Office 2000 installation discs [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all. I used to run Office 2000 but uninstalled it and installed Office 2007. When I run the Spell Checker it does not function. When I try to run it, The computer tries to install it and then asks for the Office 2000 Installation disks. I insert the Office 2000 disks but then it...

View more questions Search