Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nickeee12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2009, 09:41 AM
    Car lease over and filed chapter 7
    I am currently in chapter 7 bankruptcy and my lease of car expired last month. I still have it in my possession. Lawyers of the finance owners sent me a court date for next month to appear and seize their vehicle. This is New York city. Are they allowed to reposess their car before that court date??
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2009, 10:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nickeee12 View Post
    i am currently in chapter 7 bankruptcy and my lease of car expired last month. i still have it in my posession. lawyers of the finance owners sent me a court date for next month to appear and seize their vehicle. this is new york city. are they allowed to reposess their car before that court date???
    Hello nick:

I'll bet that the day you missed a payment, or the day you didn't turn the car in as agreed, is the first day they can repossess it.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I writes a ltter to forecloser court to stop it now that I filed chapter 7 [ 5 Answers ]

I filed chapter 7 bankruptcy last week and received a notice of LIS PENDENS yesterday. I need to respond in writing and was wonder if there is a form or format I should follow. Also I contacted the mortgage company about reworking the debt and I was told I would need to rework my income to debt...

I filed Chapter 7 in 2004 and can hardly make ends meet! What to do? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello- I filed chapter 7 in June of 2004 on medical bills that were turned over to collects. However, here I am today a full time student (trying to better myself), single mom and have a credit card company that took all the money out of my bank account yesterday. I hva not charged on the account...

Owner has filed Chapter 7 Bankruptcy while we are in a Lease Purchase Agreement? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I went into a lease purchase agreement with a homeowner several months ago, and a couple of days ago received papers that he has filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. We don't want to move, our intentions are to buy the home. What should be our next step? Should we go to the meeting of...

I recently filed chapter 13 including my house. Can I sell it? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently filed Chapter 13 including my home. My wife and I are separating and I need to sell the house. Can I do this?

View more questions Search