Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kia Posts: 272, Reputation: 13

Nov 6, 2009, 09:16 AM
    Quick questions
    I had a couple of general questions: What is an interface? What role do interfaces play in GUI-based applications? Your help would be apprecitated. Thanks!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 6, 2009, 10:01 AM

Please review the guidelines on asking for help with homework that can be found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/arts-l...board-b-u.html

Nov 6, 2009, 12:16 PM

First of all... no its not a homework assignment. It is a quiz question that
    I have turned in already. I just wanted to ask the question to see if I was on the right track because I am new to this field.. If someone needs me to prove that in order to ask these types of questions than that is fine. I am not asking anyone to do my hw
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 6, 2009, 12:26 PM

So, again, post your answer and we will tell you whether its correct or not.

That is the policy of this site.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2009, 08:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kia View Post
    I had a couple of general questions: What is an interface? What role do interfaces play in GUI-based applications? Your help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    There are a number of different interfaces. The human-machine interface is what the programmer designs -- the menus, the text boxes, radio buttons, etc. The role is pretty obvious.

There are also interfaces that have nothing to do with GUI. For example, when designing a stand-alone module that is intended to be accessed by other programming modules, an interface is designed by the programmer. The only access that is allowed is through that interface.

Does this help you any?

Nov 9, 2009, 02:20 PM

Yes, thank you for responding. I think I was on the right track

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are You Pregnant Or Think You Are? Have Questions? Post New Questions Here.. [ 21 Answers ]

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you think you might be pregnant, or are pregnant, post your questions here, as the other thread is getting so large that it's hard to keep them organized. Also, if you are a teen and have questions and/or fears, let us know and we'll help as best as we can, or find...

2 quick questions from a military fianc? [ 6 Answers ]

My first question is: What is president-elect Obama going to do with the troops once he takes office? I've heard that he's been wishy-washy about bringing them home, but I'm not sure. My second question is: My Marine will be deployed to Iraq/more likely Afghanistan in April. I have MANY friends...

Quick respose my interview questions needed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi can someone help me find answer to questions below I am gong for an interview for a tellers positions on Monday help Why do you think our company should hire u? Tell me about yourself. What will you contribute to the company if we hire u . What are your hobbies. How would you handle an...

Quick List of Questions - Req. Your Feedback [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Goodman a/c unit that is about 9 yrs old. It's a 10 seer "builders quality" unit is what I'm told. Recently (two weeks ago) just had the a-coil replaced and they had to use a 13 seer model and use a converter to get it to run at 10 . Can't replace with a 10 seer since 13 is the...

View more questions Search