Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BYC Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2009, 06:28 AM
    Forced Hot Water baseboard COLD COLD
    I have forced hot water baseboard heat. My two upstairs baseboards are cold when heat is fine in the rest of the lower house. I beld the unit and still it's cold. I pulled at least 2 quarts of water out but no air at all. Any sugesstions on what to do next. Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 6, 2009, 07:34 AM
    Make sure boiler pressure is at least 12 pounds on gauge. Low boiler water pressure will prevent circulation on second floor.

Nov 6, 2009, 07:52 AM
    I'll look at that over this weekend when I get back home = thanks

Nov 6, 2009, 05:44 PM
    OK post back with results

Nov 7, 2009, 09:50 AM
    IT WORKED = I got in late last night from work and first thing this AM I checked the pressure. The pressure was around 6- 8 for some reason. I increased it to 20 and all is well. I never thought to check it as it wasn't ever a problem. Thanks you know what you are doing

Nov 7, 2009, 12:29 PM
    Easy does it with the pressure. Usually 12 to 14 pounds is enough for a 2 story. Glad you got it going.

Nov 7, 2009, 04:35 PM
    Should I leave it at 20 or back it down a bit?

Nov 7, 2009, 08:39 PM
    Back it down a bit and try it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot Water Baseboard Heat, Cold Rooms [ 9 Answers ]

I have hot water base board heat. About a week ago, I noticed I couldn't get the house to go above 62 degrees. When I touch the baseboards the two rooms at the beginning of the loop are hot, but as I go farther through the house the units are colder and colder leaving the two bedrooms freezing...

Forced air furnace blows cold at first... [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, I found this forum full of helpful answers, so I'm hoping will be able to get some ideas on what could be wrong with my heating system. Iam using forced air furnace, that was working fine last year blowing hot air. However, this fall soon after turning it on, cycle starts but blowing...

Forced Air furnace is only blowing cold air [ 4 Answers ]

I turned my furnace on for the first time this fall and it is not heating. The blower works And is blowing cold air. The furnace is a forced air furnace. I have lived in this townhouse for about two years and not sure what to do. Have called a couple people but everyone is really busy right...

Cold water feeding back into cold water stoarage tank [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone please help me and my plumber who also appears flummixed by my problem My ocld water storage tank is overflowing - OK you say - fix the overflow Done it Problem seems to be that the water is feeding back in to the tank Plumber says it not my coil in the cylinder and I have new...

Day & Night forced air heater keeps blowing cold air [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday my heater was working as normal. Today I replaced the filter in my Day & Night forced air heater. Later I bumped my thermostat when walking by it, but I'm not certain that this caused the problem. My heater turned on and blew hot air. I turned it all the way down, but the fan...

View more questions Search