Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kelssg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2009, 05:59 AM
    Why am I gaining weight?
    I work 11 hours a day and I go to school full time. I eat less than I normally eat but I have a 'dunlap'! I don't understand why I'm in a size nine pants from a five just a year ago. Is it because my job is a sit down? Or can it be something worse? I went to the dr a few months ago and she said my tyroid was just a little high but not alarming, under a 1.0. Its upsets me that she doesn't know why such a weight change.
    Female Ghost Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2009, 06:18 AM

Check with another doctor for hyper thyroidism...
    Exercise will definitely help, given that you have a sitting job...
    Eat healthy food.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 6, 2009, 06:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Female Ghost View Post
    Check with another doctor for hyper thyroidism...
    Actually Hyperthyroid would make her lose weight. Not gain.

Now, to the OP... it could be that your metabolism is slowing down if you are not eating that much. When you are busy and not eating your body grabs and holds every calorie you put in your mouth. Therefore, you gain weight while eating little.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why am I gaining weight? [ 5 Answers ]

About a month ago I decided I need to lose weight, I have started walking 30min a day 5x a week, stopped eating fast food, junk food and drinking soda. I eat breakfast now rather than skip it I sip on water all day about 6-8 glasses and I have been eating pretty healthy food (lots of fruits and...

Gaining Weight? *Not sure if I want to* [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 12, around 5'1-5'2 and am about 46 kilos, about 7 stone 3 pounds. Ever since I watched a program about Britains rising obesity levels on BBC3, I've felt the strange desire to gain weight. I don't know what to do. If I did, I would be worried of what other people would say and think. There...

Gaining weight [ 6 Answers ]

What is a good way to gain weight. I took that BMI test and I'm under by like 5 pounds maybe more. Im tall so I look skinny. I try to eat 3 meals a day and I hear potatoes slow down your metabolism which I try to eat more of. What else can I do? Im active so I burn a lot of calories doing sports...

Gaining weight? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get me pitbull to gain weight?

Gaining weight without getting fat [ 4 Answers ]

OK about half a year ago when I was 160lbs had a really bad case of acid reflux and I threw up a lot because I never went to see a doctor and I didn't know how to treat it, but saw a doctor and now I'm on prevacid and all is goood except I lost a lot of nutrients and I could see my ribs a lot and I...

View more questions Search