Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    londonfr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2009, 01:38 AM
    Only the plot to go on
    Hi,
    I'm looking for the author and tiltle of a book I read a while ago. It's set in rural England where a girl comes over from America to stay with her cousins. Then a (fictional) war breaks out, all communications are shut down so it's chaos. They're stuck at this farmhouse with no adults, the girl falls in love with her cousin.. they have to leave the house and start wandering around the countryside. Somehow make it back to the house (my memory's getting pretty hazy now). Somehow the girl manages to contact her dad in America and he organises bringing her back. Something happened with the cousin she's in love with but I can't remember what!

I know it's a female author, written in the 20th century but I a bit confused about when it was set in the book (but at some point in the 29th century).

Thanks for any help!
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Nov 8, 2009, 04:36 PM

How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff ?
    londonfr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2009, 12:49 AM
    Yes, thank you very much!
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Nov 9, 2009, 06:05 AM

You're very welcome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie title only on brief plot [ 3 Answers ]

All I know about it is that its based on a US army cadet barracks and the cadets rebel for sum reason and take over the camp I've been trying to find it for days but can't any and all help is welcome?

Designjet 600 will not plot [ 6 Answers ]

We have a designjet 600 and are using it as a network printer but we can not get it to plot. Any ideas?

Need a title to this plot [ 3 Answers ]

I saw a movie back in the 70's that by then was probably already 20 years old, and for the life of me I can't think of the title. It was about a man who abducted a woman, and kept her in his basement apartment, for some time, and she ended up falling in love with him and didn't want to leave. It...

The plot [ 2 Answers ]

What's the plot of this movie called the Prestige??

Looking for a film title, I'm not sure on anything about it only the plot. [ 1 Answers ]

Basically the fil is about a small town, at midnight everyone falls asleep and has memorys and stuff changed, There is one guy that isn't affected at midnight and is aware that peoples memorys are being changed, he is the prime suspect in a murder case, and has been framed At the end of the...

View more questions Search