Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2004, 08:57 AM
    Ventury effect
    What does ventury effect means aspesially if it occurs during nebulization using a jet nebulizer?
    Thank you for the answer
    da_wolf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2004, 09:02 AM
    Ventury effect
    For example: when tidal (sea) water is pushed (by tide) into a smaller channel (through the beach), it accelerates. This is called the Ventury Effect.
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Oct 16, 2004, 05:36 PM
    The venturi effect is explained by Bernoulli's principle: If the speed of a liquid increases, its pressure decreases.
    If the pressure decreases enough (speed high enough) to create underpressure, the underpressure will suck the surrounding medium and take it along with the liquid stream (jet).
    A nice webside on this is:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~mmc1919/venturi.html
    dewanjee Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2008, 03:18 AM
    Well, as the pressure of the fluid decreases at a narrower path with an increasing flow rate, the fluid can suck other fluid/medium due to underpressure. So, this principle probably used in case of a nebulizer to suck the medicine (fluid/powder) by the flowing air.

Do you understand?

Thanks
    popopopopopopop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2012, 04:12 AM
    Its spelt Venturi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Full Moon Effect [ 19 Answers ]

I don't know if this belongs under folklore or astronomy LOL so please bear with me. I know I have heard that Emergency Rooms experience a measurable upsurge around a full moon. My office seems to get a lot more than the usual weirdness then too. I am wondering do other people or businesses feel...

Venturi effect [ 1 Answers ]

How is working the Venturi effect?

Water Hammer Effect [ 1 Answers ]

Newbiehomeowner New Member Join Date: Oct 2005 Posts: 25 Water Hammer Effect -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have a question for you and an update on my backing up toilet problems of a few months ago. When my short cycling well...

Principle of double effect [ 4 Answers ]

The principle of double effect in the corporate world: what does the catholic church means by the notiona of principle of double effect. Please give me an an example as well.. Thanks

View more questions Search