Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Claire16 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2009, 08:08 PM
    Terminal cash flow and initial investment
    I need help with these two questions below. I've tried using my book but just can't seem to figure out how to get the answer. Thanks for your help.

1. A corporation is evaluating the relevant cash flows for a capital budgeting decision and must estimate the terminal cash flow. The proposed machine will be disposed of at the end of its usable life of five years at an estimated sale price of $15,000. The machine has an original purchase price of $80,000, installation cost of $20,000, and will be depreciated under the five-year MACRS. Net working capital is expected to decline by $5,000. The firm has a 40 percent tax rate on ordinary income and long-term capital gain. The terminal cash flow is __________.

a. $24,000
    b. $14,000
    c. $26,000
    d. $16,000

2. A corporation has decided to replace an existing asset with a newer model. Two years ago, the existing asset originally cost $70,000 and was being depreciated under MACRS using a five-year recovery period. The existing asset can be sold for $30,000. The new asset will cost $80,000 and will also be depreciated under MACRS using a five-year recovery period. If the assumed tax rate is 40 percent on ordinary income and capital gains, the initial investment is __________.

a. $44,360
    b. $49,240
    c. $48,560
    d. $27,600
    lgarrett12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2011, 01:47 PM
    B

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to find initial investment with cash flows and rate of return [ 2 Answers ]

There is an opportunity to invest in a 2 year project with cash flows of $100,000 in year one and $200,000 in year two. The required rate of return is 20% and the question wants to know the maximum amount you should be willing to initially invest The answer is $222,100 but I can't figure out how...

Initial investment outlay [ 1 Answers ]

Expansion project. Company to purchase equipment for 9 mill and project require an initial 3 mill investment in net operating income. Company's tax rate is 40%. What is initial investment outlay?

What is the difference between cash flow and funds flow statement [ 1 Answers ]

Difference between cash flow and funds flow statement

View more questions Search