Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2009, 11:06 AM
    Changing Diapers
    I was just talking to my husband as once he told me has a bad gag reflex when he sees and smells poo or vomit.
    We have 2 cats and I ALWAYS change litter..

Now I'm pregnant so I told him he can't expect me to do it all the time. Esp in occasions I won't be home.
    He said he won't because he will vomit! So then I would have his to clean...

Is he being unfair?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Nov 5, 2009, 11:13 AM
    It sounds a bit selfish to me. Get him a face mask and a scoop.

His vomit risk is not as important as you avoiding toxoplasmosis while pregnant and all daddy's must learn how to change diapers - for their own good!
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2009, 11:21 AM
    I still clean the litter he has NOT done it...

Im almost 3 months pregnant now. He has to learn when the baby arrives.. I can't do everything myself. Most times if I'm at home sure I can change daipers but when I am not home he has to learn..
    Im abit upset at his reaction.

He then started taking the piss out of me. We were meant to go out with his mum and I said I can't be bothered now (esp after his silly babyish reaction) so he stormed out alone

I am concerned more for when the baby arrives he HAS to help me sometimes
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2009, 12:42 AM
    Any more input?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2009, 12:50 AM

A neighbor of mine had this same problem with her husband. I didn't know them until their daughter's were nearly adults. But she would still tell stories about how she would come home after a few hours and the babies would be sitting in dirty diapers and she would be furious. Some people are just too stubborn. I like learnings idea for a face mask. Aside from that and just flat out refusing to do it until he cleaned it, I can't think of anyway to make him pitch in. personally, I'd go so far as to put it in front of him and tell him to suck it up and get over it, and give him an extra bag in case he really did gag. But that may lead to more of an argument than you really want.
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2009, 12:53 AM
    Its so annoying!
    Last night when he came in he just blantly ignored me.. like I'm was in the wrong! OK I was fumed so I told him he was being immature and childish.

He has to learn... I must admit he does gag that is very true but its no excuse not to change diapers or clean baby's vomit.

He can be stubborn.. I don't no how to get through to him on this one..

I am fuming now
    czerno Posts: 76, Reputation: 6

Nov 6, 2009, 11:41 AM

When my wife got pregnant the litter box duty became mine quick.. just to throw that out there. When it comes to vomit I can not hang I'll admit that. When we had our little man I got laid-off at the same time and became a stay at home dad and I've changed more diapers than I care to comment on. If I waited for my wife to come home I'd have baby poo everywhere. My opinion is if you were good enough to help bring the baby into the world you can help do the little things. Watching an almost 2 yr old do some of the things they do.. a dirty diaper will not be the grossest thing you will see. I believe doing the things like diaper duty and sitting up when they are sick are things to help get closer to the kid.. I just wish I could sleep all night.. :( You get to learn the temperament of the baby when you do these things. Let a baby with a full diaper crawl on his side of the bed or his favorite chair.. he'll be quick to change the diaper then.. especially if it's a leaky one
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 6, 2009, 11:47 AM
    KRS... either he changes the cat litter or get rid of the cats. Plain and simple.

Changing cat litter is an absolute NO NO for pregnant women. It can cause toxoplasmosis and can put you AND the baby at risk.

I don't mean this to sound harsh... but your husband sounds like a very self centered man.. even since before the baby... as long as I have known you... what 3 years now?

Your husband is not being unfair... he is being childish and selfish.
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2011, 03:35 AM
    I had a healthy baby boy and To give my husband credit.. he has been changing diapers from the start.. :)
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2011, 04:49 PM

Congratulations. Glad to hear it :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 5, 2011, 02:23 PM

Congratulations!
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2011, 04:03 AM
    Thanks J_9

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My little girl likes playn wit her diapers! [ 3 Answers ]

My 19 month daughter likes taking her dirty diapers off and playing and smearing it everywhere I've tried everything from onesies,sleepers,and even took advice from a friend to use ducktape on tha flaps nothing works dr.says she like tha texture I'm stuck?

Children and diapers [ 8 Answers ]

Hi my daughter is 2 years old and I have been using huggies diapers... but they tend to leak a lot.but I wanted to try pampers but I'm not sure if your supposed to change the kind of diapers they use... all though she does not have sensitive skin... but should I not change them?

I want to be rid of diapers FOREVER! [ 12 Answers ]

I have a 2 and 1/2 year old and a 1 and 3/4 year old. I am hoping I can potty train together. I am on medical leave from work and I have plenty of time. I have been trying but (and I hope I don't offend any guys out there) BUT MY BOYS ARE SO FREAKIN LAZY!! My daughter was potty trained by 10...

Cost of disposable diapers? [ 3 Answers ]

Hii again... I was wondering about disposable diapers. What is the approximate amount I would spend on diapers per month? For now, I am not looking for the most expensive diapers either. Thanks :D:rolleyes: P.S.. . I'm making my baby budget!

Scarring from reaction to diapers. [ 1 Answers ]

My mom said, "that when I was little Pamper was just coming out with their new pampers." My mom said that she tried them on myself, and I started breaking out bad on my private area, between my thighs, and my buttock area. To this day I have the scars from the reaction to the pamper product. My...

View more questions Search