Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zafman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2009, 10:03 PM
    Carrier Weather Maker 8000
    We just moved into a home and have a Carrier Weathermaker 8000 gas furnace. Most of the time the furnace works well but at times it comes on many times in a row and in short intervals?? It ignites for only 1 minute at a time but at least 20 times in a row, this doesn't seem a regular operation. Our other house furnace didn't operate this way. Any ideas?

Zafman
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2009, 02:48 AM
    The actual model # would be more helpful. Does the unit have a diagnostic LED? Check the inside of the front panel for a label titled "SERVICE" and follow the instructions if present.
    adamdixon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2009, 09:48 AM
    It is more than likley the flame sensor take it off lightly sand it and put it back in I bet this wll cure your problem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier weather maker 8000 [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and would like your help. I have a Carrier Weather Maker 8000 and I am having problems with it. Its keeps shutting off before it reaches the desired temperature . I made a couple of clips that I hoped would explain the problem better. The Start:...

Gas Not kicking in on Carrier Weather Maker 8000 [ 49 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Weather Maker 8000 for which heating has refused to start this winter :mad: . On checking the error codes comes out to be 21 which states gas blockage. One of the suggestion was to shut off the heater and let it reset which has not helped. (Left it Off for the whole night but when...

Carrier Weather Maker 8000 Gas/2HR before Fun. Turns on set at 75 [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! Turned on furnace this year every thing was fine. Then I noticed that the temp in the house was 68 & the desired temp was set at 72. Then I set it up on 75 still did not turn on. About 2hr later the furnace turned on & shut off at 75. Every thing seemed fine. It turned on and off like was...

Carrier weather maker 8000 [ 5 Answers ]

Model # 58TUA06008 has had the main board replaced but it keeps shuting off and then will restart after four hours or if I shut the power off and turn it back on. Is this an issue with the heat sensors or something else. I known the main board has been recalled is there any other issues. Thanks G

Carrier weather maker 8000 [ 1 Answers ]

What's the cost of a Carrier weather maker 8000 ignitor and how can I purchase it? Thank You

View more questions Search