Ask
    vishwas66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 11:16 PM
    Sella rice
    What is sella basmati rice and parboiled basmati rice
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2006, 03:42 AM
    Sella and parboiled are both words that describe this rice. Here's a good article about it:
    http://www.basmatiassociates.com/rice.htm
    juzar7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2011, 08:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    Sella and parboiled are both words that describe this rice. Here's a good article about it:
    Basmati Associates :: About Basmati Rice
    Thanks, but there is no explanation of my question in the article.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2011, 09:13 AM

Juzar, what are you talking about?
    razazahid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2011, 12:40 AM
    THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ORDINARY AND SELLA RICE

Many a people have the misconception that Sella Rice is a different variety of Rice. This is not so, Sella is a Rice Milled differently i.e. the Paddy (Raw Material) is steamed and then dried for milling. The yellow color, which it adapts, is because of this process. The color can be also be darkened according to the requirements. Any rice can be milled with this process basmati or non- basmati rice. The advantage of this rice is that on post cooking each grain separates out perfectly hence it is widely used in preparing Biryani or Pulao
    RajRai73 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2011, 05:09 AM
    Is Sella rice more healthy? People with high BP and diabetes and the likes are buying only this type of rice in the shops, hence my curiosity. I like ordinary Thai brown rice, but if it is better to eat Sella rice for vitamin and fiber content, then should I change to Sella?
    Imara Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2014, 04:45 PM
    I bought Laila Golden Sella Basmati Rice for the first time and am disappointed. It does not smell like the basmati (I used mostly) Tilda before and it's not even white (but thanks to another user explanation I understand why).
    Before or after cooking it smells a little like jasmin, but not like basmati! Is it normal?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Japanese fried rice [ 7 Answers ]

We love to go to Goten restaurant because their fried rice is so good. It has egg and other vegetables in addition to rice. Does anyone have a recipe that would mimic theirs? It doesn't look to be a complex recipe but it tastes great... it must have some type of oil and I think the rice is...

Muller rice/yoghurt ad [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know the name of the song where all the people are dancing? I know the original is 'aint got no (I got life)' by nina simone. This is not just for my own knowledge but is required as a backing tune to a gymnastics floor routine in an important competition... any help would be much...

Stan rice [ 1 Answers ]

I'm searching for a list of all poetry of Stan Rice. I read some of his work and I want to read more but I can't find many of his older works. Can anyone provide me suchs a list or does anybody know where to find one? Carnelain

China's Rice Statistics [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I'm trying to find out how many people or how much rice does china use? - a website with a chart on how much rice is consumed will be helpful.. Just give me a bunch of links that relates to this question. Thankx!

View more questions Search