Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imation Posts: 284, Reputation: 36

Nov 6, 2006, 10:39 PM
    Cpu usage
    Hey,
    I have recently gotten a new computer.. it was about about 2 months ago actually
    And everything with it has been perfect,but this morning it just got slower... I don't mean internet speed just like.. opening prgrams or installing things slower...
    I opened the task manager and its using 99/100% of the CPU. I don't know what this means, but I know that it can't do much else if its already using it all. The computer is a dell... um, 2.0GH processor, and 512 ram...
    I have checked for viruses, and deleted probably 2 gig of stuff to free up space, its less than half full at the moment..
    If anyone can tell me what has happened or what to do to make it faster, then it would be much appreciated.. I'm quite annoyed at it lol
    Thanks
    imation Posts: 284, Reputation: 36

Nov 6, 2006, 10:45 PM
    I have just looked in the processes tab of task manager, and Firefox is taking up 95-99 percent of CPU... what do I do to fix it??
    Help! Lol
    Here_To_Help- Jon Posts: 97, Reputation: 26

Nov 6, 2006, 10:51 PM
    Close Firefox and try it again. Make note of the website you were on when it hit 95+% and try other sites and see if behavior is the same. If it continues, reinstall FirefOx.. get V2.0

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CPU usage at 100% [ 20 Answers ]

My computer recently started to be very slow. I have a 800 mghz pentium. I'm running XP. I did a complete virus scan with Norton and found nothing. When I look at the processes, I can see the CPU is running at 100% most of the time. There's no specific file that is using all the power. Why is...

Cpu usage 100% with lsass.exe [ 1 Answers ]

My server is w2k and domain controller. I have problem server slow respond because cpu usage 100% when I open task manager lsass.exe usage .what is it ? How to fix this problem

CPU Usage Remains at 100% [ 3 Answers ]

Recently, I discovered the CPU usage on one of my PCs will not fall below 100%. I've attempted everything I can think of to resolve the issue, including: - Running Ad-Aware SE - Performing an online scan from Trend Micro - Performing an online scan from Panda Software - Running Registry...

CPU Usage @ 100% [ 3 Answers ]

Every time I log onto the Internet, my CPU usage goes from like 2% to 100%. Once the page loads, it dies back down, but then when I click a link and try to load another page it goes back to 100%. Plus, the Comcast logo spins, then stalls, then spins, then stalls until the page loads. It never...

Msmsgs at 100% CPU Usage [ 3 Answers ]

Running Windows XP Home and keep hitting a problem. PC (Athlon XP 3.2Ghz) suddenly slows down to doing not a lot, when pressing the CTRL ALT DEL to bring up the task manager msmsgs.exe is at 100% CPU usage. I can close this process down and the PC is fine again for a few moments. Shortly...

View more questions Search